+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 8 Beta 3 Will Reportedly Be a Little Late, Set to be Seeded July 8th

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
After the WWDC 2014 Keynote, where Apple unveiled and showed off some neat features of the upcoming iOS 8 mobile operating system, Apple seeded iOS 8 beta 1 to developers.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iOS 8 Beta 3 Will Reportedly Be a Little Late, Set to be Seeded July 8th

After the WWDC 2014 Keynote, where Apple unveiled and showed off some neat features of the upcoming iOS 8 mobile operating system, Apple seeded iOS 8 beta 1 to developers. Almost two weeks later, which is usually the regular interval time between Apple's iOS beta releases, Apple seeded iOS 8 beta 2 to developers.

A recent report from BGR claims that iOS 8 beta 3 will be a little later than expected, and instead of launching next week and fitting in with the usual two-week seeding process, iOS 8 beta 3 is expected to launch somewhere around July 8th, which pegs the release around three weeks after iOS 8 beta 2.

The new beta will fix further bugs in the operating system and allow developers to continue testing new features in the operating system before it gets released to the public in the Fall of this year. Having access to these betas, developers can also prepare their own applications to work with the operating system so that they'll be ready for release when iOS 8 finally drops.

With each new beta release, we discover changes and new features in the operating system, so we will be sure to keep you updated when iOS 8 beta 3 is finally seeded to developers. If you missed our post on what was new in iOS 8 beta 2, you can check it out at this link.

Sources: BGR

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It can't come soon enough. Beta 2 is still really buggy. Does anyone else have a problem with Siri quite working and only Voice Control working? It happens daily and I have to restart my phone to get Siri working again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    It can't come soon enough. Beta 2 is still really buggy. Does anyone else have a problem with Siri quite working and only Voice Control working? It happens daily and I have to restart my phone to get Siri working again.
    Its not Siri that is dying...you are losing network connectivity, so when you press the home button to activate her, she cannot find a network so voice control comes up. happened to me all the time after using my bluetooth audio in my car. i downgraded back to 7.1.1 then jailbroke it so now i am staying here until i get my Iphone Air!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    Yes I had that problem also. No need to restart, just go into settings>general>Siri. Disable Siri and then enable her again and she'll work until it happens again tomorrow lol

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

This is correct, iOS8 Beta 3 confirmed for July 8th.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Sooner than expected
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 07-07-2014 at 05:09 PM.