Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pangu iOS 7.1/iOS 7.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Released to the Public

Default Pangu iOS 7.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Released to the Public

On Monday, a new jailbreak tool called Pangu from a group of Chinese hackers was released to the public that could jailbreak untethered iOS 7.1.1.

Pangu works on:

• iPhone 4
    • iPhone 4s
    • iPhone 5
    • iPhone 5c
    • iPhone 5s
    • iPad 2
    • iPad with retina display
    • iPad Air
    • iPad Mini
    • iPad Mini with retina display
    • iPod touch 5g

The jailbreak tool can be had from the Pangu Web site. Currently, only the Windows download link works, but there is a Mac OS X download button that looks to not be functional yet, indicating that a Mac OS X version of the tool is coming in the future.

Since the Web site is mostly in Chinese and hard to follow, we'll provide a link to the Windows download below:

Pangu 1.0 for Windows

Pangu does jailbreak your device successfully and install Cydia, but it will also try to install a piracy store along with it. Users can opt out of the piracy store when using the jailbreak tool (and we would recommend you opt out of installing it!)

Well-known iOS hacker ih8sn0w mentions that apart from the piracy store, which users CAN opt out of, Pangu does not offer any security risks for the user:

Sources: Pangu
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-23-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Is this a safe one?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Has anyone tried it yet in Parallels on a Mac?

One caveat I can think of right off the bat is that few if any JB tweaks have been tested under 7.1.x since the latest JB OS has been 7.0.6 for quite some time. My most important tweaks are MyWi, 3GUnrestrictor, ASupdatehider, and PhotoInfo so I think I'm going to wait to learn about their compatibility with 7.1.1

Kupe
    Last edited by Kupe; 06-23-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Tested on Parallels on Mac. Works fine.

Default Pangu iOS 7.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Released to the Public
    You opt out of the piracy store by clicking the only checkbox in the program window.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 06-23-2014 at 03:40 PM.

"that looks to not be functional yet"

How about there's no available Mac download yet?

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    "that looks to not be functional yet"

How about there's no available Mac download yet?
    This is the most pedantic criticism I've seen on this site.

I just did it on my phone. Everythign seems to be working great so far.

The program is written in chinese so it's hard for us english speakers to read.

Here's a guide on iClarified on how to use it iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, 4 Using Pangu (Windows) [7.1.1]

It does require setting your phone to a certain date and time, but after the jailbreak you can set it back.

Upgraded my backup iPhone 5 that was running 7.0.6 to 7.1.1 and jailbroke without any problems. Now trying to go through my large list of tweaks to see what's broken before I upgrade my main phone

A lot of people are saying that this jailbreak isn't worth it, but with Apple not signing anything below 7.1.1 and some newer app store apps requiring 7.1.1 this will be useful until the IOS 8 jailbreak comes out

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Will this damage our chances for an iOS 8.x JB?

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Will this damage our chances for an iOS 8.x JB?
    If Pangu uses an exploit that the main Jailbreak developers were saving for iOS 8, then yes, this could be bad news.

I would have preferred they waited until 8.0
    JMHO

When you hover over the 'Mac OS' button it displays 'Mac版本开发中,近期将提供下载' which google translates to 'Mac version in development, will soon be available for download'. I'm awaiting patiently.

Edit: That said, I've just tried opening it with WineBottler and it opened fine. Though I'll have to update my from from 7.0.4 to test it out.

-wakbk5r.png
    Last edited by baRRy boRRis; 06-23-2014 at 05:44 PM.

im gonna update to 7.1.1 for my phone and wait for a mac jailbreak. hoping in the future this doesn't turn out to suck and I'm stuck waiting for ios8 lol

Pangu JB working great on my iPhone 4 7.1.1 so far !! Hopefuly more tweaks are made compatible to 7.1.1 by developers....Cheers #panguteam

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Won't work on my i5. Tried 4 times now on two different computers. Gets to the end where it says enjoy your jailbreak and screen just flashes then phone reboots, and continues to do same thing over and over.

Worked fine on my i4, gonna try my iPod touch next.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,393 Posts

Worked on my ipad 3!!! Honestly, it was harder to update to 7.1.1 than the jailbreak!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (06-23-2014)

Is anybody worried about the JB being from Chinese hackers we've never heard of? Seems fishy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

what's the status of this jailbreak and OTA updated devices?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Won't work on my i5. Tried 4 times now on two different computers. Gets to the end where it says enjoy your jailbreak and screen just flashes then phone reboots, and continues to do same thing over and over.

Worked fine on my i4, gonna try my iPod touch next.
    Worked first try on iPad Mini Retina. Finding a Windows machine was the only hard part for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast