Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook Releases New Slingshot App in the iOS App Store

Default Facebook Releases New Slingshot App in the iOS App Store

Last night we reported that Facebook was set to release a new application in the App Store called Slingshot that would compete with the popular Snapchat picture messaging application for mobile devices. As we expected, Facebook has carried through with the release on Tuesday, and Slingshot is now available in the App Store as a free download for everybody.

Users will be able to share both photos and videos with friends. You can unlock new shots by slinging shots to others, and you can only see a shot once – it won't be visible anymore after you dismiss it. You can write on and draw on anything you want to send before you send it, and you can even share your reactions after you receive something.

The app's full description:

Slingshot lets you quickly share moments—little and big—with lots of people at once. Shoot a photo or video of what you’re up to and sling it to a bunch of friends. They won’t be able to see your shot until they sling something back. Tap on a shot to react, or simply swipe it away.

• Stay in touch: Capture photos and videos of moments you want to share with friends
    • Go shot for shot: To unlock new shots, first you have to sling something back
    • Enjoy it while it lasts: Once you swipe a shot away, it’ll no longer be viewable
    • Send a quick reply: After unlocking a shot, respond with your reaction
    • Get creative: Express yourself with captions and drawings
    • Look when you want: View unlocked shots later if you’re busy

Download now and give it a, uh, shot.
    To give Slingshot a try, you can follow this App Store link. It won't cost you a cent to give it a try!

Sources: App Store

Link seems to be down!

Sent from the future.

Quote Originally Posted by blagger69 View Post
    Link seems to be down!

Sent from the future.
    Weird! Working for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Weird! Working for me!
    I think it has only been released in the US App Store.

That would make sense as still not available. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from the future.

Quote Originally Posted by blagger69 View Post
    That would make sense as still not available. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from the future.
    Yup, my desktop iTunes gives me this:
    -84407791a3f1eff9e0ec7b686f90d52c.png

Working for me in the US

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Pretty neat concept. I like how you can't open a pic until you "sling" one back. Although there isn't an option to save pics sent to you…there's no timer so it's easier to do a screen shot if you want to save it. Plus having the reaction option is neat too.