Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Seeds iOS 8 Beta 2 and OS X Yosemite Preview 2 to Developers

Default Apple Seeds iOS 8 Beta 2 and OS X Yosemite Preview 2 to Developers

On Tuesday, Apple seeded iOS 8 beta 2 and OS X Yosemite beta 2 to developers. These are the first updates to the beta softwares since they went live to developers after the WWDC 2014 keynote.

The iOS 8 beta 2 download can be had OTA (over the air) on any device running iOS 8 beta 1. The download comes in at about 350MB (depending on the device). There will be a number of bug fixes in the update, as well as some undiscovered new features that we will be sure to keep you updated on as they are discovered.

The OS X Yosemite beta 2 download can be had from the Mac App Store on any device running OS X Yosemite beta 1. The download will require a restart after installing, so it is recommended that you save all of your work before installing the update.

Both iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite will bring a number of new features to users. OS X Yosemite will bring the Mac a fresh new look, as well as a good number of features that we showed you in this post. iOS 8 will bring iOS device users awesome new features like quick reply, improved photography, a smarter keyboard, continuity, and much more.

These beta 2 updates are available now, so if you're on iOS 8, go and grab them!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-17-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Thanks

Already did...

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

It might be worth noting that Apple TV has beta software available for it too as of now.
    -screen-shot-2014-06-17-1.30.25-pm.png
    Last edited by Cswee7311; 06-17-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 741 Posts

Not sure telling people about updating via OTA is a good idea? Since the preferred install method is DFU mode for a good clean install. OTA can cause issues/glitches.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Not sure telling people about updating via OTA is a good idea? Since the preferred install method is DFU mode for a good clean install. OTA can cause issues/glitches.
    That only applies to jailbreaking really. Which isn't something people have to worry with on a beta firmware.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (06-17-2014)

OTA is fine with betas.

I really wish I knew an apple dev that could register me. I'm so sad sitting here on 7.1.1. Lol.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 741 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    I really wish I knew an apple dev that could register me. I'm so sad sitting here on 7.1.1. Lol.
    Apple has fixed a lot of stuff from Beta-1, But is still far from ready trying to be used on a daily device. I didn't even download Beta-1 and debating even downloading beta-2 for testing.

Beta1 was stable other than a few glitches within apps but in the main perfectly useable. Beta 2 seems to have fixed a few of the in app bugs. It's definitely playing better with Facebook. Not spotted anything new yet
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Why if it's 359MB does it ask for 3 GB worth of free space?

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    Why if it's 359MB does it ask for 3 GB worth of free space?
    It's patching over the existing install, so you're not downloading the whole operating system when you do an OTA update.

Apple has fixed a lot of stuff from Beta-1, But is still far from ready trying to be used on a daily device. I didn't even download Beta-1 and debating even downloading beta-2 for testing.
    I loved beta 1 on my daily device. I could use pretty much everything I normally used but 1 app so I would be okay with even being on beta 1. I just loved 8 because of the quick reply. I've been asking for that for years as it is crucial to today's market. That's why many people I know prefer android over iOS. That and "customizability" which will be even greater with iOS 8. I miss 8 to be truthful. Even if it wasn't a huge overhaul.

Still haven't changed the icons on shortcut folders or weblocs.. :]

Ever since updating to beta 2, my battery life has dropped significantly!
    http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3264/rantlogo.png

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    Still haven't changed the icons on shortcut folders or weblocs.. :]
    If you had them there before the update to Yosemite them the icons won't change. If you make a new shortcut/alias it will be with the new folder icon.

Thanks

DO NOT update to iOS 8 beta 2 if you ever want to go back to iOS 7.1.1 with iCloud backup!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi