Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Slingshot App By Facebook Reportedly To Be Released Tomorrow

Thanks

Default Slingshot App By Facebook Reportedly To Be Released Tomorrow

According to a source, long awaited Snapchat competitor, Slingshot, will be released by Facebook tomorrow. The app was available for a very brief time in certain international App Stores last week and then it just disappeared. The new app by Facebook lets users send videos or photos with texts or drawings to another person on the standalone iPhone app. However, recipients of the photos or videos will not be able to view it unless a response is sent back.

According to the app description that was available when briefly released last week, upon viewing incoming photos or videos, an automatic photo response can be sent out on your behalf. Users will be able to download the Facebook app for free on the App Store when launched. Slingshot, is the second attempt made by Facebook as Snapchat’s competitor after the first failed attempt with the Poke app. The Poke app was released back in 2012 but has since been taken off the app store in May. However, the source has also noted that Facebook may postpone the launch date of Slingshot if any last minute issues arise.

Source: Facebook via 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 06-16-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

That **** sounds stupid as hell

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

The poke app?? No wonder I never heard of it....slingshot doesn't sound much better.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone StuG III's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't view the picture unless a reply is sent? Lol good luck with that.

Sounds like the chinese fake version of snapchat.. But the american way...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jozelito617 For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (06-17-2014)

Thanks
    So....you're supposed to reply to something without seeing it first?........wow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Slingshot App By Facebook Reportedly To Be Released Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginsu View Post
    So....you're supposed to reply to something without seeing it first?........wow.
    Actually, there's this awesome app called dumbstruck, and it's hilarious. It records your reaction to whatever you're viewing, and sends it back automatically. I absolutely love it and think Snapchat should have been this way from the beginning. If THAT's how this Slingshot app is going to be, then I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    Actually, there's this awesome app called dumbstruck, and it's hilarious. It records your reaction to whatever you're viewing, and sends it back automatically. I absolutely love it and think Snapchat should have been this way from the beginning. If THAT's how this Slingshot app is going to be, then I can't wait!
    So basically it's nothin but a bunch of reactions to reactions? How unexciting...

How about you download it and try it first. You all seem to come on these forums and put down anything and everything new, not Apple and things that think outside of the box. I'd be happy to use these forums along side of you if I didn't hear apps were lame or useless, tweaks are lame and useless and the top tweaks of the week are lame and useless.

To me, your opinion is lame and useless.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twahl3583 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (06-17-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twahl3583 View Post
    how about you download it and try it first. You all seem to come on these forums and put down anything and everything new, not apple and things that think outside of the box. I'd be happy to use these forums along side of you if i didn't hear apps were lame or useless, tweaks are lame and useless and the top tweaks of the week are lame and useless.

thank you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone StuG III's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twahl3583 View Post
    How about you download it and try it first. You all seem to come on these forums and put down anything and everything new, not Apple and things that think outside of the box. I'd be happy to use these forums along side of you if I didn't hear apps were lame or useless, tweaks are lame and useless and the top tweaks of the week are lame and useless.

How terrible!