+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Supposed 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Mockups Shown Side-by-Side

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Supposed 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Mockups Shown Side-by-Side

A pair of recently published photos on Twitter show a side-by-side comparison of mockups believed to be representative of Apple’s next-gen “iPhone 6” models, which are rumored to be coming in 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch screen sizes. The photos from Australian blogger Sonny Dickson show front and back views of two dummy handsets purportedly based on Apple’s next-gen iPhone designs, possibly offering an early look into how the two variants stack up.

It should be noted that the dummy models were likely created for iPhone case manufacturers and may not portray the exact look of the final model. The breakdown is offered only for purposes of discussions.

The larger 5.5-inch “iPhone 6” dummy model is essentially a upsized version of the 4.7-inch variations that have been floating around for months and carries over the iPad mini-like design language of deeply rounded edges.

A pair of photos published to Twitter on Saturday show a side-by-side comparison of mockups believed to be representative of Apple's next-generation "iPhone 6" models, which are rumored to be coming in 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch screen sizes. The introduction of rounded edges lends a softer appearance to the hardware and is a departure from Apple’s current iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S handsets, which feature sharp angles and rounded corners. If the mockups end up being correct, Apple looks to be moving toward a more cohesive design language across its iOS device lineup, including the iPad Air and iPad mini.

A quick look at the aspect ratio of both screens reveals a near perfect match between the alleged 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch versions. This appears to be in line with Apple’s standard operating procedure of offering hardware that ensures easy upscaling for app developers. Aside from the apparent screen size boost and usual camera, Touch ID and speaker positioning, not much else can be gleaned from the front view of the mockups.

On the backside, the larger version appears to sport an updated rear camera flash design with only one circular opening for the LED module. Unlike the current iPhone 5S which introduced Apple’s dual-LED TrueTone flash installed behind a pill-shaped cutout, the updated single hole design possibly suggests the company was able to integrate the technology into a smaller package.

More recently, several images showcasing an alleged iPhone 6 rear casing have been making the rounds. The part purported back panel features a cut-out Apple logo that could potentially be filled with a radio-transparent insert for increased wireless reception. This particular design was first introduced with the second-gen iPad mini.
    We’ll have to wait and see if the rumors turn out to be true soon enough.

Source: Sonny Dickson (Twitter) via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

still with one LED Flash Light but most important its ultra thin I hope they increase the battery life

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Samsung can start a lawsuit now with apple for copy their big screen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Ultra thin is not even on my importance scale. Battery life has been suffering as they keep making it thinner.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

These aren't official in almost positive they'll have an apple logo like the MacBooks on these

My iPhone is a Part of Me ogkikz's Avatar
    Thanks

I dunno but i really hope this dont be real the back is super ugly i rather keep my 5S atleast this is classy that mock ups of 6 looks ordinary... -1 apple if this real
    http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a623/SE_HoodGrapix/modmyicopy.jpg

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I just hope they don't go the Android route and put all the premium hardware in the big phones, leaving the smaller phones to be "mini" (read cheap budget) versions. I'd rather stick with the current size.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

ogkikz (06-15-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    I just hope they don't go the Android route and put all the premium hardware in the big phones, leaving the smaller phones to be "mini" (read cheap budget) versions. I'd rather stick with the current size.
    I agree. I actually like the 4 inch model.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ogkikz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Agree for me is perfect the 5/5S size
    http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a623/SE_HoodGrapix/modmyicopy.jpg

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jozelito617's Avatar
    Thanks

Goodbye apple... If rumor is true i dont think nothing is changing with iphone 6 comes out maybe badder<< battery lol... Anyways i will switch to htc one m8 because is sexy n maybe i will wait for iphone 7 ... Then maybe until that day comes iphone might listen to the community aspect

Battery is bad*

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have to admit, for all the **** I keep giving them it looks pretty good. Well the normal phone sized one. Not the retarded tablet.

Thanks

these phones have started looking very sad . they need to give it a fresh look . looks like they are going the Samsung way if rumours are to be believed. Please apple do something different not just a bigger screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think its about time they made a round phone and called it an orange....that way everyone could stop b*tching about how it doesn't look different to the last iPhone......come on people how much can you really change it to make it look different lol

Thanks

If this is what I've been waiting for, then Im very disappointed. Edge-to-edge please?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SupaMonkey View Post
    If this is what I've been waiting for, then Im very disappointed. Edge-to-edge please?
    Edge to edge is so disgusting though.

Quote Originally Posted by aamodr View Post
    these phones have started looking very sad . they need to give it a fresh look . looks like they are going the Samsung way if rumours are to be believed. Please apple do something different not just a bigger screen.
    To be honest they are going back to an almost original iPhone mixed with modern iPhone look. The original 3 iPhones were rounded almost identical to this. Only difference is it's bigger and thinner.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Ultra thin is not even on my importance scale. Battery life has been suffering as they keep making it thinner.
    Me too. I don't care a damn about the thickness of the phone. Battery life is most important.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

These are just crappy mock-ups.. I doubt they will look like this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

would be better if they did a comparison of 4" vs 4.7" vs 5.5"