Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'AttachmentManager' Lets You Manage the Attachments You Send & Receive in Messages

Default 'AttachmentManager' Lets You Manage the Attachments You Send & Receive in Messages

Chances are, you text or iMessage a lot on your iOS device and you send photos or videos every now and then that sit on your iOS device and take up storage space. A new jailbreak tweak called AttachmentManager by iOS developer Tim Perin is now available that lets you manage all of this media so that it doesn't take up all of your storage space.

Instead of having to delete all of your conversations to free up space, this tweak will let you simply delete the media files from your conversations and still keep all of the messages.

It adds a new button to the Messages application right next to the compose button that looks like a portrait icon, and when you tap on it, you will get a new interface for managing all of the attachments you've sent and received in your existing conversations. From this interface, you can use the back button to return to your message thread view, or you can tap on the action button to bring up options for what to do with all of the pictures in this interface – you can compress them to save space, delete them to free up space, or save them all to your Camera Roll to keep them.

You can also tap on media individually, rather than all at once, and get the same options made available to you for the specific media file that you choose:

The options to have for individual media files include deleting the file, compressing the file, and saving it to your Camera Roll.

It's also worth mentioning that if you choose to go into a specific conversation that you have with a contact, and you tap on the contact button, you will see the same AttachmentManager button in the button list and you can view the media for that conversation only. Once again, you will be presented with the same options for any media in that conversation.

Since attachments that you send and receive are saved locally on your device whether you save them or not, AttachmentManager is a great way to save storage on your device (especially if you have the lower end storage models). I was surprised to see that I had over 1GB of saved media that I wasn't using, and with this tweak, I saved up 1GB of my storage space.

If you'd like to give AttachmentManager a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for just 99. It does require iOS 7.

Name: AttachmentManager
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Tim Perin
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

You can watch our video review below:

Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-09-2014 at 09:09 AM.

it actually works with bitesms and another feature is it has a "stat"s button which shows you how much sms/mms you have sent and received