+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Eight Things iOS 8 Borrowed From the Jailbreak Community

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The reason JB'ing is still legal = Apple would not have any new tweaks to show us without them :] All of the best tweaks are taken from the JB
    Thanks

The reason JB'ing is still legal = Apple would not have any new tweaks to show us without them :] All of the best tweaks are taken from the JB community. Most of us have used the Cydia versions of all these capabilities listed above for years.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm just glad that Apple is implementing all these small but useful features, it shows that they're are aware of what their customers want. Even though it may take them awhile to add them...at least they're doing it.
    Exaclty, I know we all want to be "Apple restriction haters" but it is important that we acknowledge that Apple is trying to make IOS better for everyone, not just the people who are virgins to jailbreaking.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pathtologos View Post
    Not sure if I hit the correct "reply" button so I'm not replying to any individual post, just to the article as a whole. "OK, siri"? Are you freaking kidding me? It's not that it's a blatant copy of
    " OK, google" that bothers me. It's the fact that if Apple came out with the code phrase first (ie. OK siri) and the Google came out with "OK google" apple and Apple fan boys would be SCREAMING "copy, copy, copy!!! Why can't they come up with their own ideas", etc. Same thing with this new keyboard. Android has had SwiftKey for years. It does the Exact same thing as this "revolutionary" new keyboard. Just annoying how the copy claims seem to only go in 1 direction.

Android had **** because it never would have existed save for iOS. And "Ok google" sucks arse anyway, so **** google.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,987 Times in 909 Posts

Not sure if I hit the correct "reply" button so I'm not replying to any individual post, just to the article as a whole. "OK, siri"? Are you freaking kidding me? It's not that it's a blatant copy of
    " OK, google" that bothers me. It's the fact that if Apple came out with the code phrase first (ie. OK siri) and the Google came out with "OK google" apple and Apple fan boys would be SCREAMING "copy, copy, copy!!! Why can't they come up with their own ideas", etc. Same thing with this new keyboard. Android has had SwiftKey for years. It does the Exact same thing as this "revolutionary" new keyboard. Just annoying how the copy claims seem to only go in 1 direction.
    U know what else is annoying? ️ These guys!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (06-04-2014)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

All the good stuff comes from small third party devs. Android users love to point out what Android had first, but never acknowledge that all those android improvements come from independ third party devs before Google borrows them.

Thanks

Quick Reply could actually save battery!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Umm....hate to say it, but Android had most, if not all of these features before the Jailbreaking community did.

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    All the good stuff comes from small third party devs. Android users love to point out what Android had first, but never acknowledge that all those android improvements come from independ third party devs before Google borrows them.
    Ahh, but they wouldn't be allowed on Apple, so they come to Android first, then Google borrows them, then the Jailbreak community, then Apple.
    Last edited by cmwade77; 06-04-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,172 Times in 6,967 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Umm....hate to say it, but Android had most, if not all of these features before the Jailbreaking community did.
    Not so sure that is the case with all of those. I see at least 2 of those that were jailbreak community before Android.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (06-04-2014), blkcadi (06-04-2014)

Thanks

Default Eight Things iOS 8 Borrowed From the Jailbreak Community
    The repetition of everyone's statements on here for the last 4 years is making me nauseous. If you don't have anything new and specific to say about this OS just stop posting.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

Simon (06-04-2014), thazsar (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,987 Times in 909 Posts

Default Eight Things iOS 8 Borrowed From the Jailbreak Community
    Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post

Ahh, but they wouldn't be allowed on Apple, so they come to Android first, then Google borrows them, then the Jailbreak community, then Apple.
    All of your statement is false!

Jailbreaking was happening before Android was even a 'thing'!!! Android has taken the JB Community's ideas and implemented them for themselves, not the other way around. Get your facts straight! The ONLY thing I can give Android is the keyboard and I'm not sure that was even their idea...
    Last edited by thazsar; 06-04-2014 at 04:30 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Simon (06-04-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Attachments
    Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    Where is the ability for email attachments? And for the love of Jesus why isn't this important to have in 2014? I just want to use my phone and be able to reply to my emails with attachments other than photos.

You know you can tap and hold anywhere in the email, tap right arrow* and add an attachment!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AshooraiA View Post
    You know you can tap and hold anywhere in the email, tap right arrow* and add an attachment!
    Are you referring to "insert photo or video"? In a business environment I don't wish to attach my photos or videos. You can't be serious about this. I mean attach anything. Such as "anyattach" which is by the way a life saver. And don't tell me "you can go into any file and choose send as email" . That does not allow you to reply to an already existing email chain with an attachment.

Thanks

They didnt borrow **** they took it and used em with no thanks to the creator

Thanks
    Why couldn't apple just let jailbreak tweaks be installed in ios 8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    The repetition of everyone's statements on here for the last 4 years is making me nauseous. If you don't have anything new and specific to say about this OS just stop posting.
    Oh man such a god you are.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Xx_Illusions_xX For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (06-05-2014)

Thanks

Ok not to be a stickler or anything and I understand on the whole copying other companies features. But, did anyone in our now smaller brains think hey I'm a company CEO and as Tim had said on stage in the presentation for WWDC that we have a bunch of new customers that have switched to iOS devices. Ok with me so far… I have a bunch of new customers that previously used a competitors product, which now uses my product and previously this said competitor used a 3rd party option for a feature that I don't offer such as custom keyboards should I: (A)tell them your stupid and we don't do that or (B) add it and accept that the consumer of my products are changing with times and I must adapt or die as a leader in consumer technology. I know past ventures have been clouded and that jobs may have said some thing's that imply we don't adapt to trends but in 2014 you have to be a little flexible or you will perish in the consumer market and I think Tim being his own kind of leader knows that is the case. Or we can all just puts our heads in the sand…let's party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    What this guy said

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jozelito617's Avatar
    Thanks

Raging people out here!-_-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    They didnt borrow **** they took it and used em with no thanks to the creator
    What are you even talking about?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Xx_Illusions_xX For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (06-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    Are you referring to "insert photo or video"? In a business environment I don't wish to attach my photos or videos. You can't be serious about this. I mean attach anything. Such as "anyattach" which is by the way a life saver. And don't tell me "you can go into any file and choose send as email" . That does not allow you to reply to an already existing email chain with an attachment.

While I know it's not perfect but if you have office, google docs, and many other apps for documents you can use the share feature and send emails with whomever you'd like to. I know it's not native, but you get desired effect your after and that's why we have apps on smartphones these days.