Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 8 Shows You What Applications Are Using the Most Battery Power

Default iOS 8 Shows You What Applications Are Using the Most Battery Power

iOS 8 is officially in the hands of those with developer accounts now, and with that we're starting to see some new individual features that Apple didn't have the time to show us on stage today at the WWDC 2014 Keynote.

Michael Kukielka (also known by his screen name DetroiBORG) shared with us a screenshot showing that iOS 8 will actually keep track of the applications on your iOS device that are using the most battery power.

One of the big complaints with iOS devices is that the battery life could be better, and it almost seems like we're always looking under every rock to find answers to how we can improve our battery life. With this new feature added to iOS 8, now we'll actually be able to see what we're using on our devices that may be draining our power faster than we would like.

The new information can be found under the Battery Usage preferences pane in the Settings application of iOS 8, and shows you your battery usage either for the last 24 hours, or for the last 7 days. It then individualizes your battery usage based on application the applications with the highest percent next to them are the ones that are using the most of your battery power.

Albeit a little less detailed, OS X Mavericks shipped with a similar feature that shows you what applications on your Mac are using significant battery life:

With this new feature shipping with iOS 8, if you find that an application you don't have much use for is eating away at your battery life, you can then have the final decision to keep it or delete it to save yourself a little time away from the charging outlet. Are you happy to finally see a feature like this?

Sources: Michael Kukielka

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

I never understood why somebody didn't make a JB tweak to do this, instead of another useless lock scree tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    I never understood why somebody didn't make a JB tweak to do this, instead of another useless lock scree tweak.
    JB tweaks for this exist, even legit app like "Carat" does this to some extent...

I am surprised no one commented yet that this has been an Android feature from the start...LOL...

And as always props to Bouchard for managing to ramble a whole page worth of text about the simplest feature in the world, just in case there's someone with a simple enough brain not to understand it...hahaha...

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,263 Times in 3,348 Posts

Wait, isn't the app I use all the day, let's say twitter or Safari, always the app that needs the most power ???

So what's the sense of this feature ? To see that I very often use Safari ?!

With other words: to make any sense and to find battery killers this feature must display the power usage depending on the time of usage.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (06-03-2014)

I like this ^^

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iOS 8 Shows You What Applications Are Using the Most Battery Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    JB tweaks for this exist, even legit app like "Carat" does this to some extent...
    Which tweaks, I searched some time ago but couldn't find any. I tried Carat but found it was not too accurate.
    Last edited by buggsy2; 06-03-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks

I like that..seems like iOS 8 is going to be very granular..I like that!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

synastone (07-09-2014)