+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'quickCam' Lets You Quickly Access Your Camera From Anywhere Via Activator

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'quickCam' Lets You Quickly Access Your Camera From Anywhere Via Activator

It's no mystery that having quick access to your Camera application from anywhere can be a very useful feature to have. Unfortunately, Apple only gives you access to the Camera application when you're on the Lock Screen, when you're on the Home Screen, or when your have Control Center open. There are no quick shortcuts to be spoken of.

Fortunately, those familiar with Ryan Petrich's popular Activator tweak for iOS will be happy to hear about an awesome new add-on called quickCam by iOS developer Dylan Kelly. This tweak lets you view your Camera interface from literally anywhere in iOS simply by invoking an Activator action of your choice.

Shown above, you can see the quickCam interface. You can open it from anywhere within applications, on the Home Screen, even on the Lock Screen. You will see a small Camera application overlay in the center of the display, but you'll still see the interface that you're in as a blurred border around the Camera application overlay.

The interface includes a flash toggle at the top left, and a front/rear-facing camera switching button at the top right. There is a cancel button at the bottom left that lets you exit the interface, and there's the snap picture button at the bottom in the Center that will take pictures and save them to your Camera Roll. When you close the Camera application interface, you will be returned to wherever you were.

After installing the tweak, you will have the set the Activator action you want to use, which is easily done by visiting the Activator preferences pane:

It definitely appears that quickCam offers a polished interface with practical functionality, so we can definitely recommend it. If you would like to give it a try, it's worth mentioning that the tweak only runs on iOS 7 and doesn't work on the iPad. It's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for $1.99. If you don't already have Activator installed, it will be installed along with quickCam.

Name: quickCam
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6, Activator
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Dylan Kelly
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Thanks

Not really sure the reasoning behind this. I already have the camera app set up in activator without this tweak. Short hold sleep button, camera goes on.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Werty12 View Post
    Not really sure the reasoning behind this. I already have the camera app set up in activator without this tweak. Short hold sleep button, camera goes on.
    Same here. Set a activator action and have the cam come up. Take the pic and your right back to what u were doing before.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Quickshoot Pro, it's fast and easy access...granted you can't see what your recording, but it's not that hard to point the camera in the right direction.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Werty12 View Post
    it's also in the control center which is available at any screen