+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'NewTabKeyboard' Forces the Keyboard to Show When You Open a New Mobile Safari Tab

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'NewTabKeyboard' Forces the Keyboard to Show When You Open a New Mobile Safari Tab

When you open a new tab in Mobile Safari in iOS 7, you are brought to an interface that shows you all of your bookmarks, and you can tap on the search/URL bar at the top of the application to begin typing something that you want to search the Internet for.

Since this is usually the main thing we open a new tab in Mobile Safari for, wouldn't it be nice if the keyboard just showed up automatically without the need to tap on the search/URL bar at the top of the application? This is what a new free jailbreak tweak called NewTabKeyboard by iOS developer Nexuist aims to do for us:

With NewTabKeyboard installed, whenever you open a new tab in Mobile Safari or you open Mobile Safari with a new tab open, the cursor will be in the search/URL bar automatically and the iOS keyboard will automatically display on the screen so you can begin searching.

You can still tap on bookmarks to open them with the keyboard showing, so the tweak doesn't affect any of the existing functionality of the Mobile Safari application; it just makes it easier to begin searching by not making you tap on the search/URL bar.

NewTabKeyboard doesn't have any options to configure and requires iOS 7 to be installed. If you would like to give it a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: NewTabKeyboard
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-19
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Nexuist
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Thanks

Eh,
    Using this for almost a week.
    Beauty.

I believe cydia search also worked that way, way back when jailbreak was enabled but not now. Maybe I imagined it lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone SpidermanAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

This does exactly what it says. No more, no less. 5/5 to me.

Thanks
    No kidding I knew that but thanks
    larry