Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Popular 'auki' Quick Reply/Compose Jailbreak Tweak Updated With New Dark Mode

Default Popular 'auki' Quick Reply/Compose Jailbreak Tweak Updated With New Dark Mode

We were very excited to report on the release of auki last month; it was created by iOS developer Bensge and graphic Designer Surenix. The tweak gives iOS 7 a very beautiful quick reply and quick compose functionality that includes a special silent and stealth mode feature. The tweak has proven to be very popular, and it's not very hard to see why.

On Saturday, auki received a major update that gives the tweak a handy new dark mode that is easier on the eyes at night time, as well as some additional new features. The new dark mode can be seen in the screenshot example above.

The dark mode can be enabled or disabled manually by the user, or, much like Apple's Do Not Disturb feature, it can be set to a specific schedule so that dark mode only happens during certain hours.

Other new features in the update include being able to tap and hold on the reply button to reply to a message as SMS instead of iMessage, being able to tap and hold on the cancel button in order to mark a message as read without replying, improvements to the iOS 7 parallax effect, and a variety of bug fixes including:

Fixed high CPU usage bug (thanks Beta382 for providing us with a crash log)
    Fixed failed picture messaging sending/delivering issue
    Fixed crash on iOS < 7.0.3
    Fixed keyboard bug
    Fixed crash in attachment view
    Fixed odd resizing contact picture issues
    Application/games/video will pause when replying with auki
    Compatibility with Coono
    Improved Spanish translation
    Added FlipSwitch toggle to activate compose
    Added hardware keyboard support
    Added language support for Czech, Danish, Greek, Hebrew, Slovakian, Turkish and Vietnamese (thanks to all our translators!)
    While auki is a $3.99 purchase from Cydia's BigBoss repository, those that bought and installed the tweak already will be able to download this update for free from the Changes tab in the Cydia application. The updated version of auki with dark mode and other new features is available right now!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Is the $3.99 worth moving from BiteSMS?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Where can I get a complete timed dark mode ? and not just the message app.

Is this really better than BiteSMS?
    I've been using BiteSMS since iPhone 3G days and I'm quite hesitant to try this out and maybe even using it for good over BiteSMS...
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I've been using BiteSMS since iPhone 3G days and I'm quite hesitant to try this out and maybe even using it for good over BiteSMS...
    still misses a few features that bite has. such as send delay, scheduled text, toggle between SMS/iMessage, status bar icon, alerts toggle.

Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    Where can I get a complete timed dark mode ? and not just the message app.
    Eclipse or NightMode. Both can be toggled on/off (time scheduled) via Activator
    Last edited by HenryLong; 05-04-2014 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Not in a million years, Bite has no competition AT ALL, Bite is the best in its class, but props to the Auki devs nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Bite all the way, no other messaging tweak beats Bite, but there are nice ones out there, you can try them and see if they work for you
    Last edited by Al226; 05-04-2014 at 09:34 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (05-04-2014), Jj2345 (05-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Not if you bought bite. Bite has more features and just feels more stable. If you're using the free version of bite then maybe.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbaba For This Useful Post:

hemptation (05-04-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryLong View Post
    Eclipse or NightMode. Both can be toggled on/off (time scheduled) via Activator
    I want automatic time thou.

Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    I want automatic time thou.
    That's where Activator comes into play...

Thanks

BiteSMS wins IMO.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (05-05-2014)

Personally, I think auki is way better than biteSMS. I love the fact that it focuses on messaging only, rather than all other unnecessary features that come with biteSMS. It's simple and easy to use!

Auki is an nice add on extension of the stock iOS app,while bite is in a different league with many many feature

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jj2345 For This Useful Post:

Evil_Psychotron (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,546 Times in 1,406 Posts

Especially the privacy features of Bite, so a random person seeing your phone can't see the message. I don't believe Auki has anything like that

Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    Especially the privacy features of Bite, so a random person seeing your phone can't see the message. I don't believe Auki has anything like that
    iOS already has built-in privacy so that random people can't see message content.

It's under Settings>Notification Center>Messages>"Show on Lock Screen"

Turning this feature off will not allow anyone to pick up your phone and see what your messages say. Works great with passcodes, and auki.