+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Photos Reportedly Compare "iPhone 6" Mockup to Dummy Galaxy S5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Another series of photos of the dubbed iPhone 6 are surfing the web, this time, the pictures have a mockup of the device next to a non-functioning Samsung Galaxy S5
    Thanks

Default Photos Reportedly Compare "iPhone 6" Mockup to Dummy Galaxy S5

Another series of photos of the dubbed iPhone 6 are surfing the web, this time, the pictures have a mockup of the device next to a non-functioning Samsung Galaxy S5 display model. Italian Apple blog Macitynet.it is saying that it is a comparison of the two mockups- one of an alleged iPhone 6 dummy with a 4.7 inch screen and the other of an already on sale device worldwide, the Galaxy S5. Similar to most recent ‘leaks,’ the blog is stating that an inside source provided the ‘final mockup’ used in the shoot, claiming that the pictures have a much higher level of detail than most other leaked photos.

In the leaked photos, the iPhone 6 mockup has a strong resemblance of a purported prototype picture released in March. Both have a segmented three-panel chassis design with a rear camera that protrudes ever so slightly, and a single round LED flash unit. After inspecting further, the new mockup has an indented home button with a fake Touch ID ring, side mounted sleep/wake button, silver bezels for the flash and rear camera, and lastly, raised volume controls.

When compared to the already released Samsung Galaxy S5, the iPhone 6 model is a bit smaller in all dimensions compared to the S5’s 5.1-inch display and is significantly thinner than the S5. Apple is expected to unveil the next generation iPhone this upcoming fall and some industry watchers are predicting two different versions- a 4.7-inch and a 5.5-inch variation.

Source: Macitynet.it
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 05-03-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't understand all the hype every time a new version of the iPhone comes out..."retina and iris combined display" "Squeeze the phone hard enough, and it'll read your body temp." "***** your finger and bleed into the home button for DNA scanning security." "Leaked photos of a prototype of what the case might look like" "Oh look! They moved the volume buttons to the middle!" "They moved the camera to the bottom center on the front!" Now, let's all comment on the fact that it looks like an S4 or S5 galaxy, or if it's a 5.1 screen, I don't want it- but a 4.9 is ok...Bottom line is- it doesn't matter.... You'll see what it actually is when it's released. All the die hard freaks that want the latest and greatest, are going to buy it no matter what, even tho they comment on how all the features on the new iPhone are useless, and aren't "setting the bar" on new phone technology, because it doesn't come with a micro chip that we can inject into our skull, and use thought patterns to operate the damn thing without having to actually pull the tablet sized phone out of our pocket.
    Do us all a favor, and stop these useless posts, and let the real "latest news" take the place of them.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bassvictim For This Useful Post:

dhamien (05-04-2014), hemptation (05-04-2014), menard_00 (05-05-2014), oldskoolsk8r (05-03-2014), saleen_GT (05-04-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

There has to be something to these mockup/prototypes. I cannot be coincidence that they are all strikingly similar looking. I have a feeling this is the iphone 6 more or less.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Cool So glad iPhone6 is gonna have this, thanks for the update
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassvictim View Post
    (iPhone6) comes with a micro chip that we can inject into our skull, and use thought patterns to operate the damn thing without having to actually pull the tablet sized phone out of our pocket.
    I have been waiting with baited breath for this exact feature. Thanks so much for your generous report. Without readers like you, I don't know what I would do. Spread the word, Bassvictim says iPhone6 will have iBrainsync chip. Finally.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaseinatl For This Useful Post:

Greatbiguns (05-04-2014), HovikGas (05-04-2014), Sage I (05-04-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So the iPhone 6 will have a plastic back?

I think I'll wear a plastic mac!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,722 Times in 852 Posts

I like the overall shape of the mockup, however it will likely not come in black.

Apple switched to the 'space grey' so it does not show chips in the aluminum case as much.

I even don't know who I really am
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,011 Times in 2,358 Posts

Been a iPhone owner since 2007.....June 2014 getting my first Android device. I hope the S5 is worth it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Please god. Don't let it be cheap plastic like samsung phones.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kalpesh78 For This Useful Post:

Sage I (05-04-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    Please god. Don't let it be cheap plastic like samsung phones.
    Don't you mean "Like the iPhone 5c"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaseinatl View Post
    I have been waiting with baited breath for this exact feature. Thanks so much for your generous report. Without readers like you, I don't know what I would do. Spread the word, Bassvictim says iPhone6 will have iBrainsync chip. Finally.
    Lol! It's about time someone took seriously. If I can reach just one individual, then I did my part. Thank you jaseinatl.

Thanks

I don't understand all the hype every time a new version of the iPhone comes out..."retina and iris combined display" "Squeeze the phone hard enough, and it'll read your body temp." "***** your finger and bleed into the home button for DNA scanning security." "Leaked photos of a prototype of what the case might look like" "Oh look! They moved the volume buttons to the middle!" "They moved the camera to the bottom center on the front!" Now, let's all comment on the fact that it looks like an S4 or S5 galaxy, or if it's a 5.1 screen, I don't want it- but a 4.9 is ok...Bottom line is- it doesn't matter.... You'll see what it actually is when it's released. All the die hard freaks that want the latest and greatest, are going to buy it no matter what, even tho they comment on how all the features on the new iPhone are useless, and aren't "setting the bar" on new phone technology, because it doesn't come with a micro chip that we can inject into our skull, and use thought patterns to operate the damn thing without having to actually pull the tablet sized phone out of our pocket.
    Do us all a favor, and stop these useless posts, and let the real "latest news" take the place of them.
    Exactly. Almost every other news story is about the unreleased iPhone. Its annoying.

Thanks

Lmao!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

SAY IT AINT SO, APPLE!! I was in Target the other day and took a look at the Samsung lineup. All I can say is I NEVER want to have to deal with a phone that big! The 5S already feels a bit bulky and annoying in my pocket. I don't want to have to start carrying a murse around just so I can avoid feeling like the is a license plate in my pocket all day!

Quote Originally Posted by stulaw11 View Post
    There has to be something to these mockup/prototypes. I cannot be coincidence that they are all strikingly similar looking. I have a feeling this is the iphone 6 more or less.

Lots of people have 3D printers these days.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaseinatl View Post
    This "Breaking-News" should be its own article!! "iBrainsync chip" - the greatest thing since "Gold is Best"!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tha1youshouldfear View Post
    Don't you mean "Like the iPhone 5c"
    To me the 5c doesn't seem as plasticky as all other plastic phones... It's actually really nicely built... I bought the 5S on release day, but that 5C wasn't as bad as I though it'd be...

But still, I hope that Apple sticks with a metal hard body... I don't really want the thing to be all plasticized...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    SAY IT AINT SO, APPLE!! I was in Target the other day and took a look at the Samsung lineup. All I can say is I NEVER want to have to deal with a phone that big! The 5S already feels a bit bulky and annoying in my pocket. I don't want to have to start carrying a murse around just so I can avoid feeling like the is a license plate in my pocket all day!

Lots of people have 3D printers these days.
    lol. The notes are huge in size.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    This "Breaking-News" should be its own article!! "iBrainsync chip" - the greatest thing since "Gold is Best"!!
    Lol!

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

So we go from duel LED's back to ONE? Doubt it. Fake

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ellersbee View Post
    Been a iPhone owner since 2007.....June 2014 getting my first Android device. I hope the S5 is worth it
    The S5 is actually a really great phone. I switched to the S4 from the iPhone 5 and haven't looked back. I'm a techy so I love tech regardless. I still own a few apple products and waiting to see if they even make anything worth while ever again. Tim Cook can only ride what they were working on for so long before someone figures out he doesn't know innovation.

Thanks

Awaiting the actual test model leak. Shouldn't be much longer...by summer I would think :]