Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Supposed 3D Mockup of iPhone 6 with Large 4.7'' Display Surfaces

Thanks

Default Supposed 3D Mockup of iPhone 6 with Large 4.7'' Display Surfaces

A recently released video provides a close-up view of what appears to be a 3D printed mockup of Apple’s new iPhone. It is likely based off of the recent rumors and leaked items around the web of the dubbed iPhone 6. The video shows a rounder edged device, a rounded flash, and a relocated power button- these all match up to what has been talked about around the web recently on the unreleased device. The video was released by French blog nowhereelse.fr. Video on the device lines up with earlier rumors of a slim, 6-millimeter cross-section.

Earlier this week, a similar mockup was also released. The mockup featured an ever so slightly protruding camera that this video did not have. Some have believed that Apple altered the internal layout of the new device after initially planning to ship the iPhone 6 with such a design.

The dubbed iPhone 6 is expected to have an entire new look for this upcoming fall with 2 rumored models- one with a 4.7-inch display and the other with a 5.5-inch display.

Source: Nowhereelse.fr

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I know this is just a mock-up, and based on a rumor at that, but it looks a lot like the 5C. I think it looks fine but if the back is plastic like the 5C, I'm going to be SUPER bummed out. But I'll still be buying one.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,207 Times in 1,371 Posts

That's prolly just a GooPhone and they'll try to sue if Apple 'copies' the design! LOL!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

SpidermanAPV (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
    I know this is just a mock-up, and based on a rumor at that, but it looks a lot like the 5C. I think it looks fine but if the back is plastic like the 5C, I'm going to be SUPER bummed out. But I'll still be buying one.
    Its not surprised it looks like a 5C. I believe this is a new strategy of Apple that this 4.7" can be classified as an upgrade of 5C. A more powerful item will release later on.
    It can probably boost the sale of this one.
    Prevent the poor sale circumstance of 5C last year

Plastic back AND they want to increase the price? They must piss off with that. Looks to big as well, check how he has to shuffle it around on his hand just to access the various parts of the screen = fail.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SupaMonkey For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (05-02-2014)

It's a 3D printed mock up, which means it could be any material that particular person wanted to print on. It's not an actual iPhone 6. It was printed based on a case probably. So don't think it's the actual iPhone. You can tell it's like paper based on how he's flipping it through his hands.

Video won't play on 5s

I could see this pretty much being what it would look like. Looks like the sleep wake button is the right because we can't reach the top anymore lol. Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I could see this pretty much being what it would look like. Looks like the sleep wake button is the right because we can't reach the top anymore lol. Makes sense
    That's how you know the device is too damned big. If you can't reach the top as a normal being while holding the bottom then just switch to f****** droid. There is no f****** reason a phone should be the size of a god damned tablet unless you're just a straight f****** retard.

Calm down. It's a phone.

Actually popular demand is to make a larger phone. Apple is apparently making a regular sized one and a larger ins to accommodate everyone. Apple is damned if they do and damned if they don't apparently.

Thanks

I'm going to hold out for the second phone Apple releases this year. Why rush into something that is going to be outdone? That mockup looks like a flattened 5C with a button location on the right instead of the top right..thats it. Hope iOS 8 has incorporated plenty of Cydia Tweaks. Hoping for a JB at launch.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (05-02-2014)

Horrible, I hope is not true!

I'm so sick of the d@m links that are not mobile friendly!

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    What he said. I learned the hard way never click any of the links the MMI writers post. They are never mobile friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnyabc View Post
    Video won't play on 5s
    Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodnutz View Post
    What he said. I learned the hard way never click any of the links the MMI writers post. They are never mobile friendly.
    Just tap the post, more, then open in Safari. The video should be embedded in that page. I've said before that they should put (iPhone link) after the embedded video.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 05-02-2014 at 11:04 AM.

^ still doesn't work

Thanks
    Thanked 3,207 Times in 1,371 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Just tap the post, more, then open in Safari. The video should be embedded in that page. I've said before that they should put (iPhone link) after the embedded video.
    This won't work anymore. You have to 'Copy URL' then Paste it into the Safari.app. It's a pain but it's the only solution...

Well, it works for me. That's how I watched it.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 05-02-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    That's how you know the device is too damned big. If you can't reach the top as a normal being while holding the bottom then just switch to f****** droid. There is no f****** reason a phone should be the size of a god damned tablet unless you're just a straight f****** retard.
    I agree but apple has to have a category for bigger phones to compete otherwise they're missing out on sales

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

I find the aluminum way too fragile I'd prefer a plastic shell . And a power button on side and the new shapes of buttons .. I like just about all of it but the price increase

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast