+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Reminders Pro' Adds Additional Features to the Reminders App in iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
iOS comes with a handy Reminders application that allows users to have their iOS device remind them of upcoming events. Albeit handy at times, the Reminders application could be a
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Reminders Pro' Adds Additional Features to the Reminders App in iOS

iOS comes with a handy Reminders application that allows users to have their iOS device remind them of upcoming events. Albeit handy at times, the Reminders application could be a lot more powerful in terms of its feature set for the end user.

A new free jailbreak tweak is now available in Cydia dubbed Reminders Pro by iOS developer Zaid Elkurdi. Reminders Pro will add a number of additional features to iOS' Reminders application to help in improving the user experience of the application, as well as convenience.

Some of the new features users will get after installing the tweak include:

• Create FaceTime, text message/iMessage, and E-mail reminders
    • Create action-based reminders from the Reminders application itself without the need for Siri
    • Choose from 16 new repeat times for Reminders
    • Have the application automatically detect phone numbers and URLs so that you can tap on them for an action

Reminders Pro adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a few options:

You will be able to configure keywords for calling, texting/iMessaging, E-mailing, and FaceTiming people, enable or disable the need to long-press on a link to call someone, and enable or disable allowing matches without a last name. A Save button at the top right of the interface will need to be tapped whenever you make changes to the preferences.

If you would like to give Reminders Pro a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. We can recommend the tweak for any power users of Apple's Reminders application in iOS, but if you don't really use the Reminders application, we could understand how the tweak may not be useful for you.

Name: Reminders Pro
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-168
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Zaid Elkurdi
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 682 Posts

Maybe I'm not that sharp but I sure wish there was a bit of a tutorial with this app

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    Maybe I'm not that sharp but I sure wish there was a bit of a tutorial with this app
    Check YouTube. Might have a vid or two reviewing this.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 682 Posts

Thx. Will do