Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Video Shows a Supposed "iPhone 6" Case Fitting a 6.1mm-Thick iPod Touch

Thanks

Default New Video Shows a Supposed "iPhone 6" Case Fitting a 6.1mm-Thick iPod Touch

There has been a supposed “leak” in a recent comparison video on Apple’s iPhone 6, and a case that appeared to be built for the dubbed iPhone. The case was tested against a current generation iPod Touch with similarities, which were surprising, including the thickness being almost exact and correct volume control placement. In recent video comparison of the rumored iPhone 6 case with the iPhone 5s, Samsung Galaxy S5, and LG-made Nexus 5, external measurements of the iPhone 6 seems to be surprisingly thin.

According to Unbox Therapy, they were able to get their hands on a pink case and the shell is already thinner than the current 7.6-millimeter iPhone 5s. This suggests that the upcoming device will be losing a substantial amount of thickness while making the screen size bigger. The screen also seems to have rounder edges, consistent with previous reports.

Lewis Hilsenteger, founder & editor-in-chief of Unbox Therapy bought a current generation iPod Touch to see if the 6.1mm device would fit in the case. As seen in the video, the thickness of the iPod is exactly the same as the internal dimensions of the case. The volume buttons also seem to appear to line up perfectly with the silicone-like-shell.

Source: Unbox Therapy

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I don't mind much of the supposed designs so far except one major flaw that will make or break the design for me, the lock button on the right side instead of the top.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I don't mind much of the supposed designs so far except one major flaw that will make or break the design for me, the lock button on the right side instead of the top.
    I tend to agree. Its been in the same place since 2007. That was not broken and it did not need to be fixed.

Although I'm sure we'd get use to it being on the side, it's been in the same spot since the iPhone came out, so with it moving to the side, if that's true, will be kind of a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I tend to agree. Its been in the same place since 2007. That was not broken and it did not need to be fixed.
    I beg to strongly disagree, that lock button has broken on me 2 times on my iPhone 4 and iPhone 5S but of course I did get a replacement. It's time to make it better on the iPhone 6. I don't know why you guys make such a big deal about the button being on the side because in my opinion it's actually better.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jose060789 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (04-29-2014)

I think it's just because that's what we're use to. If it's better on the side overall, then I wouldn't mind, it would just be annoying to get use to that's all. When I use my friends android phones I always grab at the top for the button. You just become use to it. But like I said, I'm sure we'd all get use to it and get over it eventually.

I'm slightly out of the loop, so I may have missed something, but if they're stretching the dimensions of the phone, wouldn't it be a pain to reach on the top? I mean, it being on the top is great right now, but if it's bigger, wouldn't it be easier on the side?

I'm gonna assume that's what they're changing the position, now that you mention that. Makes sense.

I just wish Apple would do something about the stupid mute button!!! If you have a case/bumper then you probably don't realize how often that switch gets bumped and how many missed calls result because it gets muted. It's the stupidest design ever from Apple (IMO).