+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] 'Convergance' is a Wonderful Lock Screen Replacement for iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you'd like to completely re-design your iOS Lock Screen so that it not only looks sexy, but also functions in a much more useful and pleasing manner, then check
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [GIVEAWAY] 'Convergance' is a Wonderful Lock Screen Replacement for iOS

If you'd like to completely re-design your iOS Lock Screen so that it not only looks sexy, but also functions in a much more useful and pleasing manner, then check out a new jailbreak tweak called Convergance by iOS developer Matchstic.

Convergance re-thinks the Lock Screen, giving you a new way to unlock your iOS device, a new way to look at and manage your incoming notifications, a new way to see various kinds of information on your Lock Screen by way of widgets, and access handy toggles from the Lock Screen.

The main grabber, at the center-bottom of the Lock Screen can be swiped up on to unlock the device. The grabber at the bottom left of the Lock Screen can be swiped to the right on to reveal a number of toggles. The grabber at the bottom right of the Lock Screen can be swiped to the left on to reveal the Camera interface for a quick shot. The grabber at the center-top of the Lock Screen can be swiped down on to reveal a number of widgets.

When you receive notifications for individual applications, you will be greeted with an effect similar to that of Priority Hub, which will filter your notifications by application. You can tap on the individual application icons to see your notification(s) for those applications; you will also find a button to clear those notifications individually when you expand individual notifications.

In terms of toggles, the tweak comes with easy access to enabling or disabling Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Location Services, Bluetooth, Do Not Disturb, Auto Lock, brightness, and more. For those interested in the widgets, you'll be pleased to hear that Convergance includes a Weather widget, Calendar widget, and RSS widget out of the box. The RSS widget can be configured to your liking, the Calendar widget shows your upcoming events, and the Weather widget shows the weather for your current location. It's worth mentioning that third-party widgets can be added to Convergance by third-party developers in the future.

When you listen to music, your album artwork will become full-screen and take up the background of the Lock Screen, but you can configure the size of the album art to take up as little or as much of the Lock Screen that you want:

Convergance is also fully themable. It comes with four built-in themes called Default, Charcoal, Thin, and Conceptual; although, you also have the ability to create and use third-party themes as well. You can see all four of the included themes respectively below:

Also, you can see the effect that the themes have on the toggle interface below:

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can customize Convergance to your liking:

From here, you can easily enable or disable the tweak on demand, pick the theme you wish to use, enable or disable thin fonts, configure the background, choose your widgets, choose your toggles, configure the way the album artwork will look, enable or disable battery percentage on the Lock Screen, and configure more advanced settings.

From the more advanced settings, you can configure text translucency, the text color, and the text override color. You can also configure the dismiss button, choose between square or round application icons, configure a Lock Screen dim delay, disable the charging bar, and even disable GPU-intensive effects for older devices.

The toggles you have to pick from include:

• Airplane Mode
    • Wi-Fi
    • Location Services
    • Bluetooth
    • Do Not Disturb
    • Auto Lock
    • Respring
    • LTE
    • Rotation
    • Cellular Data
    • VPN
    • Personal Hotspot
    • Vibration
    • Flashlight
    • Rotation Lock
    • Ringer

You are also able to configure the album art to appear as full-screen, medium, or mini, and you can configure the background blur to appear the way you enjoy, as well as enable or disable an HTML Lock Screen. It's worth noting that every time you make a change to the settings of Convergance, changes take effect immediately without the need to respring or reboot your iOS device.

For those that rely on HTML Lock Screen tweaks, Convergance is fully compatible, as the developer explains from the Cydia description. The Cydia description also goes into detail about two APIs that developers can take advantage of:

Support for HTML lockscreens is also built in, allowing you to continue using the custom lockscreens you love, and to tailor Convergance to your tastes. Any lockscreen from GroovyLock, LockHTML or Cydget will run without any modification, with full support for interactivity. A lockscreen dim delay is also provided in the Advanced settings.

Convergance provides multiple APIs for both HTML/JS and Objective-C developers to use. For HTML/JS developers, the selection of widgets can be easily extended, as Convergance will allow you to load up your HTML into a widget.

For Objective-C developers, two APIs are provided – one for creating further widgets, and another for modifying Convergance at runtime, which the latter being the more interesting one. Access to all the views used within Convergance is provided to add in your own interface, along with helper methods such as opening the passcode interface if enabled.
    When you use Convergance, you will not only be able to appreciate the looks and the handful of features that it has to offer, but you can also appreciate the fact that the tweak is extremely polished, fluid, and offers some very catchy animations. When you install Convergance, you will immediately notice how "compatible" it feels with your device – it doesn't feel out of place, and it seems to 'just work.' Best of all, the tweak is compatible with both iOS 6 and iOS 7.

If you would like to give Convergance a try, it's available in Cydia's ModMyi repository right now for just $2.50. On the other hand, if you would rather not pay for the tweak, we're working with the developer to bring 10 of our lucky readers a free copy of the tweak. To collect entries into our giveaway, you can complete as much of the widget below as you want:

Name: Convergance
    Price: $2.50
    Version: 1.0.2
    Requirements: iOS 6.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Matchstic
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 04-27-2014 at 04:25 PM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,292 Times in 5,960 Posts

This is an amazing tweak and Matchstick had done an incredible job on it. He is still working on even more functionality. This is the WB, Cydget, LHTML & GroovyLock replacement tweak for your LS!

Congrats bro!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dsg (04-27-2014), Jato_BZ (04-28-2014), Marty McFly (04-28-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A nice new tweak to make it the way you want. I can see a lot of new widgets coming for htis that would look great

Thanks
    Thanked 14,772 Times in 6,869 Posts

Awesome tweak and dev is a great guy, been using it for a while now, love it

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

dsg (04-27-2014), Jato_BZ (04-28-2014), Marty McFly (04-28-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,175 Times in 2,275 Posts

This has been my only LS tweak for months now. Matchstick is a great developer and very gracious to work with. I know that this is just the beginning of the best LS tweak available.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (04-28-2014), Marty McFly (04-28-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This looks like an amazing new tweak! Would love to have this on my 5s!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I saw this come up on Cydia the other day and I was hoping you guys would write about it. I've been waiting on a new version of LockInfo but this might be a good option since I haven't heard any updates on that project in quite a while.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice to see the great work of other devs! I wish good luck to all

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's truly a great tweak! Congrats to the dev!

iPhone? More like MyPhone SpidermanAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Giveaway not showing up on iOS I'll get on a computer later.

In other notes, this tweak looks freaking epic.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Looks really nice. Look forward to see what else is added to this.

Thanks

This is a very nice tweak and lock screen alternative.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This looks like a nice mix of a few good concepts. I currently use lock info and patiently wait for the beta to be ready, so this may be a nice alternative and I might even try it if I don't win.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Very nice tweak.

Thanks

I'm currently using Intelliscreen X. I've been thinking about buying this tweak since it came out and have been wanting it since I saw the first preview of it. I was going to buy it if it came out before intelliscreen x. For the people who do actually use it should I consider purchasing it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is one of the best LockScreen tweak.. Nice work dev
    Last edited by Mayankgarg; 04-27-2014 at 10:27 PM.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,768 Times in 707 Posts

privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (04-28-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Giveaway not showing up on iOS I'll get on a computer later.

In other notes, this tweak looks freaking epic.
    If you are using the modmyi app, click the button in the upper right to open the post in your browser.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Saw this went it was first released on Cydia - was waiting for ModMyi to review it. Definitely looks intriguing. I miss LockInfo, and IntelliscreenX is way overkill for my purposes. This tweak may just be what I've been looking for!

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

My biggest LS need is to read and delete emails from the LS. Lockinfo does it beautifully, but I haven't seen much to show what options you have with notifications with this tweak. Looks like you can view them, but Lockinfo you can preview them as well.