Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 6 Rumored to Sport Curved Edges and Display Glass

Thanks

Default Apple's iPhone 6 Rumored to Sport Curved Edges and Display Glass

A recent report claims Apple’s next-gen iPhone may employ a curved chassis design and accompanying display glass, a vast departure from the substantially squared-off design used on existing Apple handsets. Citing a “trusted source,” Japanese blog Mac Otakara reports the so-called “iPhone 6” will sport “rounded” edges and a curved display glass much like the design seen on Samsung’s Galaxy S III. The publication’s sources have a decent track record in predicting future Apple product designs, especially regarding displays and screen tech.

Aside from the Galaxy S III, Apple’s supposed iPhone design is similar to an existing iPhone bumper made by Japanese company Squair. The metallic bumper, made out of Duralumin, features a largely rounded-off edge that protrudes from the iPhone’s chassis. It’s unclear if the iPhone 6 will boast such a severe curvature. To accommodate the rounded edges, a slightly curved display glass is also said to be part of Apple’s design plans. Based on the report, it seems like the top glass won’t feature a convex face but rounded edges to sit flush with the chassis.

Last but not least, the iPhone 6 is rumored to do away with the dual glass-covered antenna windows seen on the back of iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S models. It’s unknown what method of radio transmission will be utilized in the upcoming handset, though Apple will likely take steps to avoid another “antennagate” debacle.

KGI analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo, said that Apple would release two new iPhones earlier this year. A 4.7-inch version and a larger phablet-style 5.5-inch model were the two iPhones that were supposedly to be released. Kuo believes the 4.7-inch iteration will use a 1,334-by-750 pixel display with a resolution of 326 pixels per inch in a bid to maintain congruency with current apps. The 5.5-inch version would be a more traditional 1,920-by-1,080 pixel which translates to 401 ppi.

Source: Mac Otakara

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Ugh. I hope not. I really like the iPhone 5 design. And just hope they make it sleeker but keep the same feel of it. Along with the two tone

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RussSully View Post
    Ugh. I hope not. I really like the iPhone 5 design. And just hope they make it sleeker but keep the same feel of it. Along with the two tone
    I agree

I trust apple, they will most deff pull it off!!!!

Everybody was pissed off that they didn't change the design after 4s now we love it. I'm sure we'll like what they bring us

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

buttamix (04-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Everybody was pissed off that they didn't change the design after 4s now we love it. I'm sure we'll like what they bring us
    I agree

I'd be glad to see them return to the old style a bit with the curved edges. But a curved screen. F*** that. I'm going to go ahead and definitely switch to the Ubuntu phone if that rumor is true

Thanks

I don't like hearing things like “iPhone 6” will sport “rounded” edges and a curved display glass much like the design seen on Samsung’s Galaxy S III. I thought Apple was about innovation? Now they are copying a phone that is 2-3 years old? Rumors for the moment I know but the track record... Hopefully Apple will create a new phone and not give us something we've already seen before.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (04-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I don't like hearing things like “iPhone 6” will sport “rounded” edges and a curved display glass much like the design seen on Samsung’s Galaxy S III. I thought Apple was about innovation? Now they are copying a phone that is 2-3 years old? Rumors for the moment I know but the track record... Hopefully Apple will create a new phone and not give us something we've already seen before.
    It's actually the opposite. Apple works with samsung to produce the iphone parts as well as other companies as well. So Apple gives these companies info of they want they are looking for or what apple wants from them. Samsung Is one of the companies that coincidentally has similar ideas so that's why apple is always suing samsung for patient infringement.

I absolutely hate rounded edges !! Wont buy it if they do it !!!!! Hint hint apple

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 927 Posts

That is ugly

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Curved display?? It won't fit easily in pockets, will break if you sit on it in your back pocket, and has zero benefit. Unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I'd be glad to see them return to the old style a bit with the curved edges. But a curved screen. F*** that. I'm going to go ahead and definitely switch to the Ubuntu phone if that rumor is true
    Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Ron R View Post
    I absolutely hate rounded edges !! Wont buy it if they do it !!!!! Hint hint apple
    They will change their minds once they read your post.

iPhone 5/S looks great.i think it'd look strange with a bigger screen.

The 3GS design felt better, more tactile - less of a featureless slab giving no pleasure when held.
    What would be really cool is if they went for a 16:10 (1920 x 1200) aspect ratio - rather than the crappy letterbox 16:9 (1920 x 1080) ... terrible for web-browsing.
    Now they've conceded to browsability with a larger screen, they really should go the whole hog with 16:10.
    That would be a deal-maker for me - and I'd switch from my lovely but letterbox 16:9 HTC's back to an iPhone (which I still use, but only for call and text back-up (forwardee)).

So many here seem to suffer the knee-jerk resistance to change - like the trucculent, risk-averse toddler stamping his foot at the expectation of loss rather than gain from change.

Quote Originally Posted by webmania View Post
    iPhone 5/S looks great.i think it'd look strange with a bigger screen.
    Well, it's a big screen or no screen.
    That's the choice.
    Deal with it.
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 04-27-2014 at 06:06 AM.