Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iOS 7.1.1 With Even More Bug Fixes

Default Apple Releases iOS 7.1.1 With Even More Bug Fixes

On Tuesday, Apple released iOS 7.1.1 to the public, a move that was expected after many reports confirmed increased traffic from iOS 7.1.1 last week.

iOS 7.1.1 is available for all iOS 7-compatible devices, and includes a small number of bug fixes and stability improvements for devices all around.

One of the most notable changes is that it improves the reliability of Touch ID, Apple's flagship fingerprint scanning software that comes with the iPhone 5s. Touch ID has been tagged as unreliable over time, as many sources cite the feature to lose its accuracy. Apple has been in the works of improving its accuracy and iOS 7.1.1 is the company's first step towards progress.

Other improvements in iOS 7.1.1 include bug fixes to help improve the reliability of the keyboard so that it doesn't freeze up while typing, and a fix for problems that could occur when trying to use Bluetooth devices with VoiceOver enabled.

Those that wish to update will want to head over to the Settings application and visit the Software Update preferences pane. Alternatively, you can plug your device into your computer and launch iTunes to download and install the update. iOS 7.1.1 is NOT jailbreakable, so if you rely on a jailbreak, stay far away.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 751 Posts

Anyone know if they put the full caller pic screen back to the way it was before before 7.1? A lot of people were complaining on support forums and submitting commits to them.

Caller ID full pic has not been fixed in this update ;-(

Off topic but the rumor now is the 5.5 screen iphone 6. Won't be released at the same time the 4.7 comes out. Due to the battery problem they are having. It has to be thinner. Back to the update it will probably cause more problems as it fixes some.

I think the caller id was a jailbreak vonerability

i hope the batt is improved
    ill update through iTunes tomorrow after i swap my EE chip for a better network o2

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    i hope the batt is improved
    ill update through iTunes tomorrow after i swap my EE chip for a better network o2
    Go for three

Anyone else having problems in safari with website not being accessible due to not updating to 7.1 for new security? Hope a tweak is made to bypass this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    Anyone else having problems in safari with website not being accessible due to not updating to 7.1 for new security? Hope a tweak is made to bypass this.
    No

Livin the iPhone Life SpidermanAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    I use Chrome.

Is it just me? Having issues with phone freezing up and then all the sudden doing all the touches I did while froze. Didn't start until I updated to 7.1.1....

On an iPhone 5S, haven't had the issue with my iPad Mini w/Retina yet.