Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook Launches Version 9.0 of iOS App, Adds Replying to Comments on Stories and More

Default Facebook Launches Version 9.0 of iOS App, Adds Replying to Comments on Stories and More

On Friday, Facebook released version 9.0 of its Facebook application for the iOS platform. The new update comes a little more than a month after the recent version 8.0 build of the application for iOS.

In version 9.0, Facebook is giving users the ability to reply to comments on stories from within the application. Facebook notes that the page sharing the story must have this feature turned on for users to actually reply to comments in this way.

In addition, better group management has been added to the application. Administrators of groups can now review and approve pending posts by some members of a group to other members of a group right from the Facebook application for iOS. Also equally as important, iPad users can now take advantage of trending topics in their news feed.

For those weary of updating their Facebook application, the good news is that Facebook has not yet removed the integrated messaging feature just yet, even though they do plan to in the future in a move to get more people to use the standalone Messenger application for iOS. Facebook is also in the midst of rolling out a Nearby Friends feature to its iOS and Android applications to make it easier for friends to meet up when nearby.

If you'd like to grab this version 9.0 update to the Facebook application for iOS, then you can head over to the App Store's Updates tab if you're an existing user. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Facebook for iOS for free from this App Store link.

Sources: App Store

Not out for me yet...

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    Not out for me yet...
    Released for me about an hour ago.

They updated Facebook Messenger as well.
    Last edited by Evaded; 04-18-2014 at 12:07 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Evaded For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (04-18-2014)

Meh, I'll upgrade when they ditch the stupid auto-play feature. I'm happy with my old version that doesn't have that 'feature'.