Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Jailbreak House - Jailbreak Con's Prelude

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

Default The Jailbreak House - Jailbreak Con's Prelude

Jailbreak community members such as britta, pod2g, iDownloadBlog members, rpetrich, and surenix working.

It is 11pm, and Jay Freeman just walked into "the Jailbreak House" high on a hill in San Francisco. The pizza has arrived, craft beer and Aperol (classy, guys and gals, classy) are covering the counters, and I just broke a chair by nothing other than the act of sitting in it. It was a cheap green plastic chair, and I feel bad, but not too bad.

The Jailbreak House is so named because it was rented by a handful of jailbreak devs in 2012, the first year Jailbreak Con (#WWJC) happened in the US, and has been now rented a second time in 2014 as #WWJC returns to the bay. More than a dozen of us are gathered here while more are headed to the airport to pick up @iH8sn0w (someone said, "We'll be back. We're going to get snow."). Many of us are staying closer to the venue (South San Francisco Conference Center), but by this time we've all convened here.

Last minute details are being ironed out, and Britta is busy putting the final touches on a presentation centered around how best to approach needing jailbreak support. Tim Collins (@TCCenTex) and Rick Fayad (@subywrex) are busy discussing a talk on intros to theming, and whether they should have a "critique my theme" element where users can offer up theme screenshots to have a panel quickly discuss the budding design. Thietnam Bach (@surenix, although we all just call him "Tam" since no one is sure how to pronounce his full name) is here with his girlfriend, working on icons and offering his thoughts to the other themers.

No one has seen Craig Fox (@flawlessfox), Jailbreak Con's founder, in a few hours. Former ModMyi writer Josh Tucker is passionately explaining how designers and developers need to work together to @NitoTV and Sebastien Page. @rpetrich keeps looking up from his code-covered Macbook Pro screen as if to say something, but decides against it and returns to typing. @CammyWrites from @iDigitalTimes is snapping photos and offering conversation points.

This is the scene 10 and a half hours before Jailbreak Con's 930AM scheduled start on Saturday, April 12. It is great to see so many jailbreak community members in one room together, and to share stories of repos, tweaks, themes, and jailbreak history. The atmosphere is excited and focused as everyone discusses the next couple days' activities and goals. This is the scene as Jay Freeman, saurik, walks in the room, towering above everyone and yet remaining completely approachable with curiosity piqued. He recounts a past moment of indecision involving his beard and a pair of scissors, and then enters into a conversation with Britta about the weekend's workshops, which they're excited to note will include short talks from young, new developers sharing their ideas.

We're excited to see you all tomorrow in San Francisco, or tweet at you if you can't make it. Tickets are still available, and are only $30, $10 if you're under 18. We'll keep you informed!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (04-12-2014), blkcadi (04-12-2014), iRyanKGT (04-12-2014)

Man, I wish I could be there! Go get em, tigers! Collaborate and make more history!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wish I still lived up there. But I hate "south" San Francisco heh

It should come back to the UK - last time it was here iH8Sn0w gave me his ticket as he couldn't make it to the UK.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (04-12-2014)

Default Lord of the rings
    I see in front of me Saurix as Gandalf walking in to a room The wise man

Quote Originally Posted by XweAponX View Post
    I wish I still lived up there. But I hate "south" San Francisco heh
    Yeah, I'll take Pacifica over SSF any day.
    Hmm...

Kinda off topic, I'm looking to buy an iPad mini retina, but how will i be able to tell it hasn't been updated to iOS 7.1?

Quote Originally Posted by elprincipe View Post
    Kinda off topic, I'm looking to buy an iPad mini retina, but how will i be able to tell it hasn't been updated to iOS 7.1?
    You can't, you have to take a gamble, if it's not lower than 7.1 just return it.

It's like the Jailbreak All-Star team!!! All that genius under one roof... Sheesh!

Off topic like the guy above. Would I get a better chance of a lower firmware. By buying a iphone from verizon online or apple online?