+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook May Soon Force You to Use Their Facebook Messenger App if You Send Messages

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Those that use the Facebook application for iOS are probably familiar with the Messages tab in the application. From here, you can easily send messages to people that you keep
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default Facebook May Soon Force You to Use Their Facebook Messenger App if You Send Messages

Those that use the Facebook application for iOS are probably familiar with the Messages tab in the application. From here, you can easily send messages to people that you keep in touch with through Facebook.

You may have noticed Facebook's constant push to get you to download their standalone Messenger application. This has always been the option of the user, and if they didn't want to download Facebook Messenger and would rather message from the main Facebook application, they could; but soon, Facebook users may not even have a choice.

According to a report from TechCrunch, Facebook is preparing to remove the messaging feature from the main Facebook application entirely. This means nixing the Messages tab from the application and forcing all users that want to message their friends, family, and co-workers on Facebook to download the standalone Facebook Messenger application for iOS. The report notes that Facebook is sending notifications to some users in Europe about the change, which will take place in coming weeks.

Facebook hopes to make messaging a better experience for Facebook users by having them use an application focused solely on messaging without other features in the application to distract them.

This is a change that will certainly leave many Facebook users, both on iOS and Android, upset with the company's decision to to force them to download another application, but for those that already use the Facebook Messenger application, the change probably won't have much of an effect. Will you be upset to see the messaging feature leave the main Facebook application?

Sources: TechCrunch

Thanks

Its what I already use for FB messaging. If they can make it better..more power to them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Good thing i dont use fb messaging since everything is logged on there severs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah, no thanks. I prefer to use the FB app myself. If I'm forced to use a separate FB messenger app, though, I will just add FB to my already existing Trillian messenger app

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Facebook?? Who da hell uses that crap?
    Lmfao

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fotsvett View Post
    Facebook?? Who da hell uses that crap?
    Lmfao
    why don't you ask the billions of people worldwide?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I think it's dumb to use a separate app to do FB messaging when I can do it right in the FB app. Their constant pushing for me to download their messaging app has got me using the messaging even less.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Used it from the first day it was released!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

I use messaging in the FB app, if I have to use another app to message people it won't be the FB messaging app!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.