+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS 7 Adoption Rate Up to 87%

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's iOS 7 Adoption Rate Up to 87%

Apple’s iOS 7 adoption continues to grow with the company seeing the operating system on 87% of devices connected to the App Store according to Apple’s App Store developer support page. The numbers come seven months after the operating system’s original release and two months ahead of the expected preview of iOS 8 at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference in two months’ time.

The Cupertino California has traditionally seen speedy adoption of its new iOS releases because it makes it easy for customers to upgrade to the new operating system without too much trouble, and it’s likely that iOS 8 will see similar adoption after its expected release this fall. Apple’s iOS 8 is expected to include upgrades to Apple’s Maps app, including possible support for public transit directions and enhanced points of interest, a Healthbook app that assists users in aggregating personal health data like blood pressure, heart rate and more, perhaps in concert with a smart watch product, as well as improvements to Siri and iTunes Radio, two of the more recent additions to Apple’s mobile operating system.

In contrast to Apple, Google sees only 5.3% of its users running the latest version of its Android operating system, version 4.4 otherwise known as KitKat, which came out in October 2013 – a month after iOS 7 was released. The increasing adoption rate of iOS 7 has also led to a drop in iOS 6 usage, with the older operating system now installed on just 11% of devices, 2% of devices are using older versions of iOS. In early December, iOS 7 usage was at 74%, jumping to 78% later in December, 80% in late January and 85% towards the end of March. Apple’s data, which comes directly from the App Store, represents concrete iOS 7 adoption information for developers.

Are you one of the many that has updated to iOS 7?

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ios 7 me no likey im still on 6

Thanks

Modmyi app needs updating the old keyboard sucks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to godfred212 For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (04-08-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Had Evasion 7 not been released then this figure would have been 10 - 15% lower so Apple should be thanking the Evaders lol.

I'm on 7.0.4 on my IPad Mini and my Iphone 5 and I'm sticking there till IOS 8 is jailbroken in Dec / Jan lol.

Jolly

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JollyRogger For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (04-08-2014), Will719 (04-16-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogger View Post
    Had Evasion 7 not been released then this figure would have been 10 - 15% lower so Apple should be thanking the Evaders lol.

I'm on 7.0.4 on my IPad Mini and my Iphone 5 and I'm sticking there till IOS 8 is jailbroken in Dec / Jan lol.

Jolly
    Yep

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I bought a new iPad 4 retina which came with iOS 7.0.4. Jail broke this using evaders but the JB process went wrong and ended up in an infinite boot loop. Tried everything but ended up having to restore to 7.1. Really miss the JB but such is life. Sticking with 7.0.4 on my iphone 5s

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

By not signing older versions of 6.x, Apple force people to upgrade even if they don't want 7

Green Apple
    Thanks

Took my iphone 4 back to 5.1.1 from 7.1 yesterday. Now that was a day and night difference. The phone runs smooth, doesn't freeze. Perfect

Green Apple
    Thanks

I bet 7.1 isn't!

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's IOS 7 Adoption Rate

Jolly
    +1
    I agree with JollyRogger. Plus, let's not forget Apple's all inclusive signing process. If you accidentally screw up your device and need to restore...
    you guessed it! It's IOS 7.1 or nothing! Thanks Apple

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Where's the graph for people wanting to go back down a couple versions. That dual boot that winocm did was still nuts. Anyway the iOS 8 update doesn't seem to be bringing that much. Only some health update and other small updates no big overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    +1
    I agree with JollyRogger. Plus, let's not forget Apple's all inclusive signing process. If you accidentally screw up your device and need to restore...
    you guessed it! It's IOS 7.1 or nothing! Thanks Apple
    That signing process blows. But I guess that's how they handle things. So they have a control over security problems.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 04-08-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

Jolly
    I believe only about 10-12% of IDevices in the world are jailbroken, therefore you facts are way off.

I agree with the other person about MMI needing a update. What is taking you guys so long? Do you guys not care about your app or the people using it? Smh lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    I believe only about 10-12% of IDevices in the world are jailbroken, therefore you facts are way off.

I agree with the other person about MMI needing a update. What is taking you guys so long? Do you guys not care about your app or the people using it? Smh lol
    How is he way off? He said 10-15% of the adopters of ios7 wouldn't have upgraded if not for the jailbreak. You said only 10-12% of iOS devices are jail broken. Sounds like you spit out the same info he did, but he's way off. 😃😃

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sheltons.iphone View Post
    How is he way off? He said 10-15% of the adopters of ios7 wouldn't have upgraded if not for the jailbreak. You said only 10-12% of iOS devices are jail broken. Sounds like you spit out the same info he did, but he's way off. 😃😃
    No reread his statement, he saying if it wasn't for the jailbreak coming out that the adaption rate would have been 10-15% instead of the 87%.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    No reread his statement, he saying if it wasn't for the jailbreak coming out that the adaption rate would have been 10-15% instead of the 87%.
    10-15 percent less or 10-15 percent in general. Lol. That low. But to the guy above u wouldn't believe how many times I try to swipe back to the main page from the web app. When iOS 8 is out they will release the update. 😉

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    I bought a new iPad 4 retina which came with iOS 7.0.4. Jail broke this using evaders but the JB process went wrong and ended up in an infinite boot loop. Tried everything but ended up having to restore to 7.1. Really miss the JB but such is life. Sticking with 7.0.4 on my iphone 5s
    I had the same thing happen! Have the iPad mini and iPhone 5 on 7.0.6, jailbroken. The ipad with retina was on 7.0.2 when I got it used, but got stuck in the boot loop upon jailbreaking. Hence, it is not jailbroken and is running 7.1. But I'm super stoked! There's a new style "slide to power off" button!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Sorry about that, chum... It's a bug that makes evasi0n 1.0.8 really buggy and prone to stick you in a loop. But make sure it is infinite, the evasi0n I used last (1.0.5) sometimes loops me up to five times before it catches.

I noticed this during one of my JB procedures, so I just let it keep looping, left evasi0n running, and after a few loops it finally booted.

I wish this could be tested, but with no way to reinstall 7.0-7.0.6 there is no way in hell, so best bet is to use evasion 1.0.7