Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Auxo 2' is Now Live in Cydia, Reinvents the App Switcher Experience in iOS 7

Default 'Auxo 2' is Now Live in Cydia, Reinvents the App Switcher Experience in iOS 7

The highly anticipated Auxo 2 App Switcher jailbreak tweak for iOS 7 by iOS development team Ałtweaks has been officially released in Cydia on Wednesday. The tweak, like its predecessor, re-invents the App Switcher in iOS, only this time, with iOS 7 in mind.

After installing Auxo 2, the moment you double-press the Home Button, you're immersed in the interface shown above. Auxo 2 combines features of the iOS 7 App Switcher and features of iOS 7's Control Center together into one sleek interface.

Notably, you don't even have to use the Home Button to open Auxo 2. You can also slide up from the bottom middle of the display, or the bottom right of the display almost like how you would swipe up to open the App Switcher with Zephyr, a popular tweak for iOS 6. The animations you'll see as Auxo 2 opens up are pretty eye-catching.

At the top of the interface, you'll see your AirDrop and AirPlay controls, as well as your Control Center toggles for Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do Not Disturb, and Rotation Lock.

In the middle of your interface is the meat of the App Switcher. You can swipe up on application preview cards to dismiss them, or swipe left and right through them to see what's open. Tapping on application preview cards will open the application that you tapped on.

At the bottom of the interface are your Control Center brightness controls, volume controls, music controls, and application shortcuts.

While you're in the Auxo 2 interface, you can swipe down on application preview cards, rather than tap on them, to open the application you swipe down on:

If you swipe up on the Home Screen preview card, you will be presented with a "Close All Apps" function. Notice how all of your application preview cards line up like open tabs in the Mobile Safari Web browser. The button appears to take design hints from iOS 7.1. Tapping on the button will close out of all applications in the App Switcher:

In addition, if you have any music playing on your iOS device, Auxo 2's interface will change a little bit to make room for improved music controls. The application shortcuts disappear to make room for a music scrubber, and the name of the song, the artist name, and the album name will scroll right to left above the scrubber:

Auxo 2 includes not only a main multi-tasking interface, but also a Quick Switcher. As we told you earlier, Auxo 2 is opened by swiping up from the bottom center or the bottom right of the display. But, if you were swipe up from the bottom left of the display, you would get Auxo 2's Quick Switcher.

As the name implies, this feature allows you to quickly move between applications that you've recently had open by dragging your finger left or right. The application that your finger is on when you lift your finger up off of the display is the application that will open up. As you move between the applications, a blurred tab will show you the name of the applications as you scroll through them. By default, this fits six of your most recent applications, but that can be changed, as we will soon show you:

Auxo 2 adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tweak to your liking:

Here, you can enable or disable Multi-center. Multi-center is the main Auxo 2 interface that merges the iOS 7 App Switcher with Control Center. You can opt to keep them separate if you want to. Another option you'll find here is the ability to enable or disable the Quick Switcher. If you like using the Multi-center feature of Auxo 2, but really have no use for the Quick Switcher, then you can disable it here. A Hot Corners feature can also be enabled or disabled, allowing you to swipe up from the bottom right corner of the display to return to the Home Screen.

Below these three options, you will find a preferences cell for additional options, information about the creators, and support for the tweak.

Under the additional options, you can enable or disable a minimal display that will hide the AirDrop/AirPlay panel and the track seeker for a slimmer interface. You can also enable a "Last App" feature that will ensure Auxo 2 always opens to the last application you had open. Under the Quick Launcher cell, you can configure when the media controls appear depending on when music is playing or not. The Unlimited Quick Switcher removes the 6 application limit from the Quick Switcher so you can see everything that you've opened instead of only the 6 most recent applications. The Invert Hot Corners feature will invert the swipe controls for the Hot Corners. And finally, the disable in applications feature lets you disable Auxo 2 in some applications where the swipe gestures might be temperamental.

Auxo 2 feels like a huge improvement over what the stock iOS 7 App Switcher and Control Center combo feel like. Having the two interfaces combined helps reduce the amount of empty space, and combines two features into one for a much more pleasant experience.

Auxo 2 is compatible with iOS 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4, 7.0.5, and 7.0.6, and will run on iPhones and iPod touches. It's not compatible with the iPad just yet, but in the upcoming version 1.1, the iPad will be supported. Auxo is also fully compatible with Polus.

If you own the previous Auxo, then Auxo 2 is a $1.99 upgrade in Cydia. If you own the previous Auxo, as well as the iPad version of the previous Auxo, then Auxo 2 is a 99˘ upgrade in Cydia. If you are purchasing Auxo 2 for the first time, then it is a $3.99 purchase in Cydia's BigBoss repository, and is available right now.

Notably, Auxo 2 has a new developer behind the code. Bang Lee, also known as QusicS, is the developer, although Sentry_NC remains the designer behind its looks.

Name: Auxo 2
    Price: $3.99 ($1.99 and 99˘ upgrade prices available for previous customers)
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6, iPhone or iPod touch
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ałtweaks
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (04-02-2014)

How does it compare to Vertex?

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    How does it compare to Vertex?
    Auxo 2 is the clear winner in both functionality and aesthetics in my opinion.

It just has fewer toggles in it.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-02-2014 at 11:49 AM.

disagree for the reason stated in the other thread. Vertex gives access to a slew of toggles (LTE, hotspot, Hue bulb control, respring), and right now Auxo is limited to a handful of toggles.

Everything else about it is great.

Can't configure the toggles in Auxo 2? Ick

Thanks

hopefully altkeyboard is coming soon

Is this compatible with quick activator? I have a lot of additional toggles in my control center.

Thanks

Looks like Auxio already needs an update. All jokes aside, Auxio was awesome. I'm sure this version won't disappoint.

I am not finding Auxo 2 , there is another repo or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

Couldn't agree more. Auxo 2 has way more functionality than vertex. And Auxo 2 is smooth and fluent while vertex is laggy and slow to respond.

I must say that im really impressed at how stable and smooth Auxo 2 is seeming it is the initial release. It does have a couple of minor bugs to be fixed, but thats to be expected with a first release product. And what would really polish this tweak even more is the ability to customize the toggles and quick launches.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

I am on a 4S, I cannot get it run. I get stuck at the lock screen with no activity. Deleted a bunch of other tweaks but still it will not work. I had to reboot to safe mode to uninstall it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

Install flipcontrolcenter. Bam toggles!

It's just to bad the dang flashlight/torch won't work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz504 View Post
    Install flipcontrolcenter. Bam toggles!

It's just to bad the dang flashlight/torch won't work like that.
    I have flipcontrol and i not have the toggles

Nice to look at, but as usual with a3tweaks stuff it gives every sort of incompatibility issue with most other CC related tweaks. There are 2 sort of devs, those who try to ensure most incompatibilities are solved before pushing a final release (take Ryan Petrich) and those who assume it's not their task to do it, but others have to quickly sort them out. Sadly this dev crew belongs to this category.

Green Apple
    Thanks

CCToggles is NOT compatible, but FlipControlCenter and FlipLaunch combo works fine

Installed and working fine so far. CCSettings works fine with it as well, so no need for FlipControlCenter if you already have that installed.

No issue here. iPhone 5 with 40tweaks installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafner View Post
    Nice to look at, but as usual with a3tweaks stuff it gives every sort of incompatibility issue with most other CC related tweaks. There are 2 sort of devs, those who try to ensure most incompatibilities are solved before pushing a final release (take Ryan Petrich) and those who assume it's not their task to do it, but others have to quickly sort them out. Sadly this dev crew belongs to this category.
    Exactly. I love my CC stuff. This reminds me too much of Apples' switcher. I don't need toggles in the switcher that I can't customize. I had the original Auxo and had some compatability issues there too so I just uninstalled it bc I wanted to keep my other tweaks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    disagree for the reason stated in the other thread. Vertex gives access to a slew of toggles (LTE, hotspot, Hue bulb control, respring), and right now Auxo is limited to a handful of toggles.

Everything else about it is great.
    Actually if you have CCsettings installed you can have all of those toggles with Auxo

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mwhite67 For This Useful Post:

novadam (04-02-2014)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast