Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'MagicBadges' Lets You Re-color, Re-size, Re-position, and Theme Your App Badges

Default 'MagicBadges' Lets You Re-color, Re-size, Re-position, and Theme Your App Badges

If you've ever had the urge to re-size, re-position, re-color, or even theme the icon of your application icon notification badges, then check out a new free jailbreak tweak called MagicBadges by iOS developer whynot.

With the tweak installed, you will be able to make all of your application icon notification badges look different from everyone else's. It will add a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can adjust the appearance of your application icon notification badges to your liking:

You'll find a respring button, a toggle switch, and a preferences cell in the main preferences pane of the tweak. You will need to respring every time you make changes to the settings.

From the preferences cell, you can adjust the appearance of your badges. You will find an option to keep the color as the original color, change the color based on the color of the application icon, or change the color manually based on RGB sliders. There is also a transparency slider so you can adjust the transparency of the badge.

Underneath the sliders, you will find the option to set an image other than the round default image as your notification badge image:

Some of the images look better than others, some look absolutely absurd, honestly, but there are some good ones. If you want to add your own images, you can do so by visiting /Library/Application Support/MagicBadges and adding your own 50x50 .png image file to use as an application icon badge.

You will also find that you can touch and drag, or pinch to zoom to move the location of your application icon badges on your icons, or change the size of them:

MagicBadges offers a ton of customization options that could be combined in ways to create a really cool aftermarket application icon badge style, so if you'd like to give it a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. It works with devices running iOS 7, but iPads are not supported at this point in time (iPad support is coming in the future).

Name: MagicBadges
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6, iPhone or iPod touch
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: whynot
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Only one question:
    Why can't i re-position the badge?
    Ios 7.0.6 i5s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vvhiskey View Post
    Only one question:
    Ios 7.0.6 i5s
    I'm on a 5 running 7.0.6 and it works fine. I'm digging this tweak.

Thanks

Good tweak, and free. Cheers to the developer.

Thanks

iPhone 5S running 7.0.6 and it works great..no crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by vvhiskey View Post
    Only one question:
    Ios 7.0.6 i5s
    Do you have shrink installed?
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    Do you have shrink installed?
    Yes...

Uninstalled shrink and it works perfect
    Thank you
    Last edited by vvhiskey; 04-01-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    This does more like adding completely custom styles rather than circles.

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    This does more like adding completely custom styles rather than circles.
    That is literally the only thing it adds. Personally feel this tweak completely ripped off boover and even the way you set your badge. But at the end of the day both are good

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    That is literally the only thing it adds. Personally feel this tweak completely ripped off boover and even the way you set your badge. But at the end of the day both are good
    There are like 30 tweaks for removing the divider lines in control center, tweaks are copied all the time. This offers something boover doesn't though. I had never heard of boover but this tweak does everything I want where boover would leave me wanting more.

So, the most recent update broke Boover (i.e. the folder badge defaults to a redish color regardless of slider position when "chose app color" is enabled). So I tried this tweak and am now a convert. Its kinda like a "BooverPro". Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    There are like 30 tweaks for removing the divider lines in control center, tweaks are copied all the time. This offers something boover doesn't though. I had never heard of boover but this tweak does everything I want where boover would leave me wanting more.
    I was more talking that this tweak practically copied the way that boover allowed you to potion the badge with your finger and moving it.

Boover has also been around sense iOS6