+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'PowerDown Pro' Improves the Functionality of the iOS 7 Power Down Menu

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'PowerDown Pro' Improves the Functionality of the iOS 7 Power Down Menu

Normally when you press the power button at the top of your iOS device and hold it for a few seconds, you will get a "Slide to Power Down" option. Unfortunately, for those of us that are jailbroken, completely shutting off the device is inconvenient, and we could definitely use features for entering Safe Mode or respringing.

That's the idea behind a new jailbreak tweak called PowerDown Pro by iOS developer Evan Swick.

PowerDown Pro will give you the option to not only turn your device off, but also to reboot the device, respring the device, or enter Safe Mode on the device right from the power down menu. When you press and hold on the power button, you will be presented with a red selector that you can swipe left or right on to select the kind of action you want to perform, and then you can slide on the "Slide to Confirm" slider to perform the action.

So in this case, if we swiped the red selector to say "respring," and then decided to slide on the "Slide to Confirm" slider, the device would then respring.

PowerDown Pro adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a few options:

From here, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, as well as choose the order of which the actions are presented to you as you swipe left or right on the red selector.

Later today, the developer hopes to submit an update with iPad support and bug fixes, but for the most part, we've found that the tweak is pretty stable as it is. If you would like to give PowerDown Pro a try, it's available right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99. The tweak does require iOS 7 to be installed.

Name: PowerDown Pro
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0.0-41
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Evan Swick
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Thanks

repower does this and its free...

Thanks

And repower does it better too

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default PowerDownPRO VS Repower
    Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
    repower does this and its free...
    However, Repower is not programable like PowerDown PRO.
    One of the advantages of Powerdown PRO is that you can disable powering down.
    This is important if you lose your iphone or it gets stolen.
    One of the first things a thief will do is power it down so it can't be tracked with FindMyIphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But can't you use Activator to disable that function? I have my 5s set up so you can't shut it off when it's locked, and you need a fingerprint to finish the job when it's unlocked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sbpoweralert settings acheives the same results as well. Works great imo.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I like this tweak and do not have a problem with the cost. What I do have a problem with is the bogus activation method it requires. It sits "waiting for server..." to activate and generally fails. Not to mention you have to reactivate upon every reboot or cydia upgrade. Straight up ridiculous for a simple tweak like this.