Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Speed Intensifier' Speeds Up the Animations in iOS 7 for a Snappier Experience

Default 'Speed Intensifier' Speeds Up the Animations in iOS 7 for a Snappier Experience

For those that feel like the animations in iOS 7 are too slow and sluggish, a popular free jailbreak tweak from the past has been updated that will speed up your animations to your liking. It's called Speed Intensifier by iOS developer pw5a29.

Once installed, you will find a new preferences pane in the Settings application where you can configure the animation speed boost that you want:

The options you have are:

• 0x
    • 2x
    • 3x
    • 4x
    • 5x
    • 6x
    • 7x
    • 8x
    • 9x

In addition, you can also choose to have the jiggle mode that you enter to delete or move applications around stay the normal animation speed, or have its animation adjusted too.

Speed Intensifier is available for free in Cydia's ModMyi repository right now if you want to give it a try. It's pretty easy to use and can make your slower device feel snappier. It works with both 32-bit and 64-bit iOS devices.

Whether you're looking to help increase your speed, or you just want snappier animations, this might be the tweak for you. The developer notes that it won't affect battery life.

Name: Speed Intensifier
    Price: FREE
    Version: 7.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: pw5a29
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

How is this any different from noslowanimations which has been out pretty much since the original ios 7 jailbreak...?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
    How is this any different from noslowanimations which has been out pretty much since the original ios 7 jailbreak...?
    Thinking the same thing. Does it have any lag. Noslow seems to be working great.

springtomize has this option....

I use noslowanimation and I love it!

I think the pw in his name stands for Philip Wong who developed the original speed intensifier which I had on the iPhone 3G and 4. It wasn't on the stock repos.
    I'm glad it's back and it works well.