+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'SafeHouse Pro' Disables Your Passcode on Certain Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Networks/Devices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For those that want more control over when their iOS device should ask for a passcode and when it shouldn't, check out a new jailbreak tweak called SafeHouse Pro by
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'SafeHouse Pro' Disables Your Passcode on Certain Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Networks/Devices

For those that want more control over when their iOS device should ask for a passcode and when it shouldn't, check out a new jailbreak tweak called SafeHouse Pro by iOS developer xsahoo.

This tweak will let you choose five trusted Wi-Fi networks and five trusted Bluetooth devices, and whenever you connect to any of them, your iOS device will not ask you for your configured passcode each time you visit the Lock Screen. On the other hand, if you're not connected to any of your five trusted Wi-Fi networks or five trusted Bluetooth devices, then your iOS device will ask you for your configured passcode.

SafeHouse Pro adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure your five trusted Wi-Fi networks, your five trusted Bluetooth devices, and even toggle the jailbreak tweak on or off:

With this tweak, you can help ensure that your device is not a drag to have to unlock in places that you know where it's safe, but at the same time, security will remain in places where you aren't so sure about safety.

If you would like to give SafeHouse Pro a try, it's available right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.99. If you would like to try before you buy, the developer also offers "SafeHouse" for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository, but the tweak is limited to only one Wi-Fi network and doesn't support Bluetooth devices.

Name: SafeHouse Pro
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 2.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: xsahoo
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seemed like a great tweak at first but it has put me in safe mode several times. Tried to reboot earlier with bluetooth on and ended up in a boot loop on my i5. Ipad air also goes into safe mode when leaving a trusted wifi connection. Uninstalled until fixed.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve11 View Post
    Seemed like a great tweak at first but it has put me in safe mode several times. Tried to reboot earlier with bluetooth on and ended up in a boot loop on my i5. Ipad air also goes into safe mode when leaving a trusted wifi connection. Uninstalled until fixed.
    I ran into the same issue as well. I was leaving my house, turned on some music and was greeted with a reboot into safe mode.

I also found that if I didn't disable wifi, even when I wasn't within reach of my home network, I was still able to unlock my phone without having to input my PIN. I've been able to replicate the behavior a few times, but it seems hit-or-miss currently. As I keep sensitive work information on my phone, I had to uninstall.

Thanks

CleverPin by FilippoBiga does this already

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrBucket101 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (03-24-2014)

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket101 View Post
    CleverPin by FilippoBiga does this already
    It doesn't look like CleverPin supports passcode prevention while on certain Bluetooth devices. At least, the Cydia description doesn't say anything about it.

That feature alone sets the two apart.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yup same issue here.......lots of safe modes. before i installed this no problem. last safe mode i had was month ago last time i installed something else. no safe mode till i installed this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tangus999 View Post
    yup same issue here.......lots of safe modes. before i installed this no problem. last safe mode i had was month ago last time i installed something else. no safe mode till i installed this.
    There has now been two updates in the last couple of days. The first one seemed to knock out my email not showing up error, but the one today has now essentially bricked my phone until I get home. Thank God I had my home network setup, because now it is locking me out of my phone because I'm not on my home network. HOPEFULLY it will unlock when I get home!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

any idea how to manually remove this? I updated today, and now my phone will not unlock. Enter the code and it goes through successfully and then right back to the lock screen. I've tried rebooting but no such luck, and now I can't get into my phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Criss View Post
    any idea how to manually remove this? I updated today, and now my phone will not unlock. Enter the code and it goes through successfully and then right back to the lock screen. I've tried rebooting but no such luck, and now I can't get into my phone.
    Same issue as you. I'm just hoping that when I get home I can get it unlocked on my wifi. Even my safe mode option through SBSettings won't work so I'm pretty much stuck until I get off.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Criss View Post
    Just reboot while holding the volume up button then remove in cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just reboot while holding the volume up button then remove in cydia.
    Thanks