+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Aria' Adds Multiple Improvements to the Music Application in iOS 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
There are plenty of things that Apple could do to make the Music application better and more pleasant to use. Since Apple doesn't seem to worry about making the Music
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default 'Aria' Adds Multiple Improvements to the Music Application in iOS 7

There are plenty of things that Apple could do to make the Music application better and more pleasant to use. Since Apple doesn't seem to worry about making the Music application better and more pleasant to use, that's part of the reason that people opt for third-party music applications.

A new jailbreak tweak, on the other hand, dubbed Aria by iOS developer pNre, will make it so you don't have resort to a whole new third-party music application. Instead, it brings a ton of new features, options, and improvements to the Music application from Apple that you're already familiar with.

Aria adds features to the music application that you might really enjoy using such as the ability queue songs (play now, play next, and play last), the ability to see all of your albums in grid view instead of list view, a new Now Playing interface that better resembles the Now Playing interface in Apple's iTunes Remote application for iOS 7, an Endless Playing feature that lets shuffled playing begin after an album ends, an improved lyrics view, and additional aesthetic improvements that you'll notice all around.

Aria also adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a variety of different options for making the Music application your own:

The first thing you'll notice is a switch to enable or disable the tweak on demand. Under that, there are variety of preference cells. The first cell lets you customize the appearance and behavior of music. You'll be able to pick a tint color (there are tons and tons and tons of pre-set colors, or you can enter your own hex color value), and you can choose to have shuffle play turned on after the last song in an album or playlist stops playing.

From the Grid cell, you can choose to enable or disable a zoom animation while in album grid view. From the Artists cell, you can enable or disable the grid view here too, as well as enable or disable animated scrolling labels, configure a cell border, and enable or disable artist photos. From the Albums cell, you can enable or disable grid view for your albums, enable or disable titles and/or artist names, enable or disable animated titles and/or artist names, and enable or disable a cell border. From the Now Playing cell, you can enable or disable a dark view & blur, enable or disable the repeat/shuffle buttons, enable or disable a faster repeat mode, enable or disable a rounded slider, and enable or disable the improved lyrics view. Last but not least from the Queue cell, you can enable or disable the now playing queue.

For what it's worth, if you like using Apple's Music application because it's convenient, but think you could benefit from the user interface changes and new features, then Aria is definitely a jailbreak tweak that's worth trying and using. It seems to work very well and all of the new features are reasonably handy or cool.

If you would like to give Aria a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.99. Aria only works with iOS 7.

Name: Aria
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: pNre
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Amazing

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Love this tweak. I've been waiting for queue to come back for ios7. He just needs to make it so the queue playlists automatically deletes after it's done.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nah, no equalizer, again. Worthless. Must be a free tweak without eq. I better use CanOpener for that money.

Livin the iPhone Life RkoViper81's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 522 Posts

Are there any cydia music tweaks with an EQ I've been looking for one?

Thanks

[QUOTE=Nuff Said;7046310I've been waiting for queue to come back for ios7. [/QUOTE]
    Me too, keep hoping Saurik gets that updated... This might be worth it... I don't know if I'll really use most of the features but for the queue option ... Kinda want to see what Saurik will do with Cyueue... Prolly gonna buy Aria and try it out after I type this... It's a feature that I've wanted since the first iPod ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    I've been waiting for queue to come back for ios7.
    Word.
    Last edited by Sage I; 03-21-2014 at 02:17 AM.