Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rovio Soft-launches Angry Birds Epic RPG Game in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand

Default Rovio Soft-launches Angry Birds Epic RPG Game in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand

The upcoming medieval-themed Angry Birds game that Rovio has been teasing in the last couple of weeks has been soft-launched in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand and has been dubbed "Angry Birds Epic." It's a free title in the App Store and unlike other Angry Birds games, Angry Birds Epic is an RPG-based game.

For those in the U.S. and other countries that aren't included in this soft launch, the game is expected to hit the App Store later this year, although no exact date has been given just yet.

From the app description in the App Store, Rovio notes that the game features battles between characters that feature weapons, magic, potions, upgrades, and more. You can play as most of your favorite classic Angry Birds, and upgrade your weapons by way of unlocking in-game content, or by using in-app purchases.

If you just happen to be in any of the countries where the game soft-launched, then you can download it from the App Store right now for free. Here's the link to the New Zealand App Store.

Sources: App Store

I don't get it. How does it make sense to limit something that is distributed digitally, and not in physical boxes, to specific countries/regions/etc? I would have thought that this would be available to anyone anywhere with a compatible iDevice and and Internet connection. This makes absolutely no sense to me (and I'm not speaking specifically of this title, but of any app/game/etc in the app and iTunes stores.)