+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'BatteryStatusBar' Gives You a Visual Battery Level Representation in the Status Bar

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Default 'BatteryStatusBar' Gives You a Visual Battery Level Representation in the Status Bar

Battery information is one thing that many iOS users like to know a lot about. Your battery is the one thing keeping your iOS device powered on and useful. If it dies, then your iOS device might as well be a paperweight until it gets charged up again.

While you can have a tiny little battery icon at the top right of your Status Bar with a complimentary battery percentage telling you what your current battery state is, it's not the most aesthetically pleasing way to see your battery information shown to you.

A new solution is BatteryStatusBar by iOS developer John Rickman, which uses the entire width of the Status Bar to show you your battery level without taking up any space in your Status Bar. With it, you can lose the battery icon and the battery percentage completely with some other kind of Status Bar customization tweak, and a progress line will show you your battery percentage in real time instead. Shown above, BatteryStatusBar is out of the way of icons in the Status Bar.

BatteryStatusBar is fully customizable. You can configure the height of the bar, the colors of the bar, the position on the Status Bar, and easily enable or disable the tweak on demand from the tweak's preferences pane, which can be found in the Settings application:

By default, the tweak uses the following colors for the following battery percentages: >65% = Green, <65% and >30% = Orangish, <30% = Red. Since the colors are fully customizable, you won't have to deal with these colors if you think they're too boring.

As your battery level goes down, the progress bar will begin to retract to the left side of the display. At full charge, the tweak will span from one edge of the display to the other.

The developer also plans to add additional features to the tweak, including Notification Center support, support for custom gradients, support for rotation, and support for Lock Screen and SpringBoard heights. At this point in time, the tweak works in applications, on the Home Screen, and on the Lock Screen.

If you would like to give BatteryStatusBar a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99. It requires iOS 7 to be installed.

Name: BatteryStatusBar
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.2
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: John Rickman
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Thanks

That's awesome

Great idea

Thanks

I dl it but can't get it to show up. Any ideas? It's enabled in settings. i5 on 7.0.6

...also running zeppelin and alkaline

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titan3636 View Post
    I dl it but can't get it to show up. Any ideas? It's enabled in settings. i5 on 7.0.6

You may want to play with the color options a little bit. Enable or disable a few settings, and then respring.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Titan3636 (03-17-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Titan3636 View Post

Respring or reboot.

Thanks

Same here Titan...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here. Dl and nothing.

Thanks

Just upgraded and still no luck

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You may want to play with the color options a little bit. Enable or disable a few settings, and then respring.
    That worked!! Good call thx
    Last edited by Titan3636; 03-17-2014 at 05:53 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chen1976's Avatar
    Thanks

Preview would be good and when its enabled for bottom its not working and only moves to middle

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Titan3636 what settings did you change? Ive tried everything and its still not displaying.

jb4
    Thanks

Same here...changed it from default settings colors and still couldn't get anything to show up.

Thanks

Loved this tweak on my androids, so downloaded this for my iphone 5s. I am disappointed after purchase- I can't get any color to show, all I get is a gray bar. Still playing with settings, but so far, not what is advertised.

update- it's now purple, so I got color, just not exactly green and red.

Update-Well hallelujah!!!!! I got reds and greens, and inbetweens!!!

I turned off default colors and made the bars random, and got purple. Then I went back in and changed back to default colors by turning on the "on" button. resprung and voila!

A great addition would be adding animation when charging. Like an ebb and flow type of movement.

Now I am totally happy and good job dev!!
    Last edited by sashusmom; 03-22-2014 at 01:32 PM.