Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS 7.1 Includes a New Warning Message with an In-App Purchasing Window

Thanks

Default Apple's iOS 7.1 Includes a New Warning Message with an In-App Purchasing Window

As many of you probably already know, Apple recently released iOS 7.1. One of the more subtle features Apple has added in the update includes a pop-up warning message for users making first time in-app purchases. The pop-up window warning reminds users that for 15-minutes, additional in-app purchases could be made without reentering a password. The window shows up after customers complete their first initial purchase.

The message gives direct access to the Settings menu, which allows users to set in-app purchase limitations, or require passwords for every in-app purchase. While the warning pop-up is new, Apple has had a 15-minute no password window that was in effect since the App Store first launched in 2008, but many users may not have known about this policy. This policy got Apple into a lot of trouble with the FTC due to many parental complaints about it being too easy for children to make in-app purchases without parental consent.

Apple has made some changes following the many complaints, which requires a separate password entry specifically for in-app purchases. However, they were still forced by the FTC to refund money to parents whose children had unauthorized purchases. Under the FTC settlement terms, Apple will refund roughly $32 million to parents.

Have any of you encountered this message? Share your experience below.

Source: Apple via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Stupid. Don't want your kids downloading paid content.... don't give them the password easy fix for everyone...!!!!
    Apple keeps adding stupid s***t to ios and removing actual useful things. Like full screen contact pics on the caller ID screen with the latest version of iOS. Now it's this horrendous looking gray screen with bubbles and circles!!!! You are killing me apple!!!! Please fix this travesty...lol

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 753 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyfl84 View Post
    Stupid. Don't want your kids downloading paid content.... don't give them the password easy fix for everyone...!!!!
    Apple keeps adding stupid s***t to ios and removing actual useful things. Like full screen contact pics on the caller ID screen with the latest version of iOS. Now it's this horrendous looking gray screen with bubbles and circles!!!! You are killing me apple!!!! Please fix this travesty...lol
    What??? So when someone is calling you? You don't see there contact pic that you signed for the contact info?

Yep. Only a small circle with the pic next to the name. Completely horrible... 😱

Yep. Only a small circle with the pic next to the name. Completely horrible... 😱
    LOL!!!! That smiley killed me lol!!!

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 753 Posts

Yep. Only a small circle with the pic next to the name. Completely horrible... ��
    Ya that does suck! I mean besides hearing the ringtone so i know who it is automatically, at times when I have my phone on silent, it's nice to be able to see who is calling me to just glance at the screen to see the pic.

Soooooo glad I JB and stayed on 7.0.4

I guess not everyone has common sense...
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

the whole problem was that the parents were inputting the password to allow their child a one-time purchase, however they were unaware of the 15 minute window which permitted access to in app purchases w/o having to login..hence the lawsuit, the warning is great for parents