+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst: Next-Gen Larger iPhone to Start at $299

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple's next generation iPhone - the "iPhone 6" or "iPhone Air," depending on your sources - is expected by many analysts to be Apple's biggest and most popular iPhone launch
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Analyst: Next-Gen Larger iPhone to Start at $299

Apple's next generation iPhone - the "iPhone 6" or "iPhone Air," depending on your sources - is expected by many analysts to be Apple's biggest and most popular iPhone launch to date.

Anticipated for a late summer or early fall launch, Pacific Crest Securities analyst Andy Hargreaves told investors this morning that the next-gen iPhone will not only sport a larger screen, it will also come with a larger entry-level price tag - $299.

Investors liked what they heard today as AAPL shares climbed following the analyst's report. Correspondingly, Hargreaves today also upped his outlook on Apple to "outperform" with a price target of $635.

"We believe Apple can sell a 4.7" iPhone at a subsidized price of $299, which should generate incremental gross profit on replacement sales and attract new customers that had previously purchased Android phones specifically for a larger screen," Hargreaves told investors.

Source: TheStreet

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

So 299 for the 16gb start off than a 100 dollar increase per memory bump. Humm apple.....

Also the thing about attracting the people that want a larger screenshot have android devices. Couldn't they get one on contract for what 100 bucks. Wasn't that how much the galaxy's were going for.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 03-11-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Thanks

Something told me the entry level price would go up. I mean look at the 5C. It was $100 less than the 5S and worlds behind it in looks and over all feel. Yet, Apple didn't make it a Cheap phone as was expected. Larger phone means larger screen, battery etc..costs more to build. Makes sense I suppose..that is, if you want a larger phone.

Thanks

For $299, how about a 4.7" screen and a base storage of 32gb? After all the storage bump cost them next to nothing to increase.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (03-11-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    For $299, how about a 4.7" screen and a base storage of 32gb? After all the storage bump cost them next to nothing to increase.
    Agreed, would like to finally see the 128gb iPhone......

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Agreed I'll go for $299 if it's 32gb

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Something told me the entry level price would go up. I mean look at the 5C. It was $100 less than the 5S and worlds behind it in looks and over all feel. Yet, Apple didn't make it a Cheap phone as was expected. Larger phone means larger screen, battery etc..costs more to build. Makes sense I suppose..that is, if you want a larger phone.
    You are correct sir bigger means it cost more to make and Apple is not in the biz to lose money so who do they pass it on to us willing and supporting Apple fans very excited to se what they come up with i have been holding on to my upgrade from my 5 for this and hoping not to be disapointed

128gb iPhone that would be totaly sweet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is no bargain. We had been able to get a subsidized new
    iPhone at a similar if not lower price and Apple
    is not reducing the unlocked or no contract prices.
    It would be great news if the Apple 6 were going to
    be out at a substantially lower price.
    , subsidized, no contract, and cheaper incremental
    GB upgrades. When will Apple get the message.
    Are the looking for another "5c" failure ?

Thanks

Apple should drop the 16GB model and add a 128GB model and not charge more just for that memory bump.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

^yea they shouldn't charge a increase of 100 bucks for memory that cost less than 20 bucks. But us living in the western civilization will still by the device. Even tho it will cost 1-200 bucks to make but be 6-900 bucks flat out without contract. So they could just bump it up a inch each year and charge more and more.

But all in all I still will buy apple products since to me they are better than a android. Mostly the apps and how they are designed better and work more fluidly.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 03-11-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, it is crazy how they charge $100 more just to double the memory when their cost is pennies and dimes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 839 Posts

You guys make an excellent point. If it's got a larger screen that means certain media becomes easier to watch, like movies. Can't fit many movies on 16gb.

Although I have a feeling Apple's not going to make the screen THAT much larger, otherwise it will interfere with iPad Mini sales. Who needs an iPhone AND an iPad mini when one is only slightly smaller?

One thing I do know: the iPod Touch will be an afterthought as always.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

After shelling out nearly $1100 for my off contract i5 after apple care and a nice case I don't care what the big screen model costs, I'm in. This go round I have 2 upgrades so I am buying whatever iPhone they serve up as well as the new Galaxy to play around with.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,833 Times in 4,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Although I have a feeling Apple's not going to make the screen THAT much larger, otherwise it will interfere with iPad Mini sales. Who needs an iPhone AND an iPad mini when one is only slightly smaller?
    There is really QUITE a difference in size between 4.7" and iPad mini. Not really comparable at all.. No person in market for a small tablet would consider 4.7" iPhone 6 instead.

I agree though.. At $299 starter price I need 32GB and 4.7".
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe this for a second. The prices haven't changed since 2008 and I see no reason why they would change now. If anything, they may release two models and one may start this high, but the other will adhere to the currently established pricing scheme.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    This is speculation on your part.Cost to Apple would be minimal, except for the screen.
    But to add $100 retail to a device that is already over-priced??
    Especially when Androids of all flavors are selling for less than the iphone already?
    The 5C held it's own...look at the tests ... it was faster than the 5 and cheaper.
    Apple has the ability to create an Iphone 6 and not raise the price... I Dare them!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Give me the ability to use an SD card and ill never complain.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pieisownage For This Useful Post:

Cmds187 (03-11-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This would be stupid on Apple's part. They're already loosing sales to Samsung and other Android phones so for them to start off at $300 would turn more people away. A bigger screen shouldn't mean higher price since many other phones start at $200 with larger ones.

What happened to the rumor of two new iPhones? One with 4.7" screen and another with 5.x"?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    This would be stupid on Apple's part. They're already loosing sales to Samsung and other Android phones so for them to start off at $300 would turn more people away. A bigger screen shouldn't mean higher price since many other phones start at $200 with larger ones.

What happened to the rumor of two new iPhones? One with 4.7" screen and another with 5.x"?
    I doubt it would be two larger iPhones. I would say you will still have a 4" phone, most likely the 'c' model and then you will have the flag ship with a 4.7" screen. There have only been basically 2 generations with the 4" screen, they won't abandoned it just yet if ever.

What's Jailbreak? Bruno Sardines's Avatar
    Thanks

The ability to put an SD card for additional memory would be awesome or just drop the 16gb model for a 128gb memory is one the biggest issues with iphones that and the ability to customize it how you want