+ Reply
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 'RocketLauncher' is a Neat New App Launcher for the iOS 7 Lock Screen

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
RocketLauncher is a cool new iOS 7 Lock Screen application launcher by iOS developer Bushe, shown above. This tweak is unlike many other Lock Screen application launchers that we've shown
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,638
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 962 Times in 704 Posts

    Default 'RocketLauncher' is a Neat New App Launcher for the iOS 7 Lock Screen


    RocketLauncher is a cool new iOS 7 Lock Screen application launcher by iOS developer Bushe, shown above.

    This tweak is unlike many other Lock Screen application launchers that we've shown you in the past. RocketLauncher is used by tapping and holding anywhere on the Lock Screen to bring up the interface above, which shows you up to seven of the applications that are in your App Switcher.

    You can drag your finger up or down, like a rocket, while the interface is open to move between applications. The one that your finger is landed on when you let up from the touch screen is the application that will open from the Lock Screen.

    The application icons to the seven (or less) applications show up on the right side of the screen, and as you pan through them, an application preview card shows up on the left side of the screen.

    RocketLauncher adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tweak to your liking:



    You can enable or disable the tweak on demand via the easy-to-use killswitch, you can enable or disable the Lock Screen's blur effect and you can even enable or disable tinting the wallpaper behind the interface on the Lock Screen.

    Without configuring anything else, the tweak uses your App Switcher to populate the Lock Screen application launcher, but if you don't want to use your App Switcher and want to configure specific applications instead, then you'll use the custom applications option. Here, you can select the applications that you want to appear in RocketLauncher (up to seven), and then configure the order that you want them to appear in.

    You can also configure the blacklist feature, which ensures that the applications you select here will never be able to be accessed from the Lock Screen.

    RocketLauncher is a really cool and well-implemented application launcher for iOS 7, and if you want to give it a try, it's available in Cydia's ModMyi repository for just $1.00.

    Name: RocketLauncher
    Price: $1.00
    Version: 1.0.2-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Bushe
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    586
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked 59 Times in 41 Posts

    This currently aha a 50/50 shot of working on your device if it is on 7.0.6. I have it on my 5S on 7.0.6 and I'm part of the unlucky group that it doesn't work for. Hope a fix come soon cause I updated the same day I bought it.

    EDIT: I'm stupid and forgot to check for an update before posting this comment. Please ignore its stupidity as the tweak is currently working again.
    Last edited by PokemonDesigner; 02-25-2014 at 03:45 PM.

  3. #3
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,638
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 962 Times in 704 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    This currently aha a 50/50 shot of working on your device if it is on 7.0.6. I have it on my 5S on 7.0.6 and I'm part of the unlucky group that it doesn't work for. Hope a fix come soon cause I updated the same day I bought it.

    EDIT: I'm stupid and forgot to check for an update before posting this comment. Please ignore its stupidity as the tweak is currently working again.
    We did purposely wait for the developer to post his update before reviewing the tweak .

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    586
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked 59 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    We did purposely wait for the developer to post his update before reviewing the tweak .
    I figured as much and thought about it after I posted my comment cause I'm not very bright today. Haha.

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone RussSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 91 Times in 71 Posts

    Still can't get it to work after 2 updates. The preferences are loading but when I add favorites to the list it won't add those to the lockscreen. I press and hold on the lockscreen and the tweak functions blurring the screen but no apps show up. So it's basically non functioning. Seems like an awesome idea hopefully I can use it eventually especially since it's a paid tweak and not free

  6. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Looks cool. Kind of reminds me of JLauncher (iOS 5)

  7. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    967
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 74 Times in 56 Posts

    Damn iOS 5 the good years.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to mlee19841 For This Useful Post:

    iH85CH001 (02-27-2014)

  9. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    This tweak is definitely not what I expected.

    You can not limit the amount of apps that appear on the lockscreen. You can select the apps you want on the screen but if you say only select 3 apps, the tweak will automatically fill the remaining 4 places with any other apps you happen to have open.

    If you don't want it to automatically select any other apps open then you have to blacklist all your other apps. So if you have 103 apps you have to blacklist 100 just so that the tweak only shows the three you selected!

    All this means you are forced to select 7 apps!

    Also you can not select to bypass the passcode when launching apps.

    Where is the "rocket"??

    My mistake for assuming I suppose. I thought it was like Grabby for ios7.

    It should be called SwitcherOnLockScreen.

    Someone please make RocketFavourites.

    Limited customization, i'm surprised it got a 5/5.
    Last edited by Correl8ted; 02-26-2014 at 03:57 PM.

  10. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    967
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 74 Times in 56 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Correl8ted View Post
    This tweak is definitely not what I expected.

    You can not limit the amount of apps that appear on the lockscreen. You can select the apps you want on the screen but if you say only select 3 apps, the tweak will automatically fill the remaining 4 places with any other apps you happen to have open.

    If you don't want it to automatically select any other apps open then you have to blacklist all your other apps. So if you have 103 apps you have to blacklist 100 just so that the tweak only shows the three you selected!

    All this means you are forced to select 7 apps!

    Also you can not select to bypass the passcode when launching apps.

    Where is the "rocket"??

    My mistake for assuming I suppose. I thought it was like Grabby for ios7.

    It should be called SwitcherOnLockScreen.

    Someone please make RocketFavourites.

    Limited customization, i'm surprised it got a 5/5.
    Lol. I don't see how a bunch of the tweaks get a 5/5.

  11. #10
    My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA + Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 109 Times in 73 Posts

    These writers are often chummy with devs. That is how undeserving apps get 5/5. It sucks for us because ewe actually rely on these reviews for purchasing.

    As for rocketlauncher, it has a huge memory leak and it causes my springboard to crash every few hours. Also, even when you select the apps you want to show, it displays them out of order and often ignores the settings and rearranges them randomly. Very disappointing.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

  12. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    link for the wallpaper anyone?

  13. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone RussSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 91 Times in 71 Posts

    Has anyone got this tweak working yet. Would love to re download it

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts