+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week February 17 - February 23

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Tweaks of the Week February 17 - February 23

This recap will go over the best tweaks that we've shown you this week. It's certainly not all of them, but we think these are some of the most notable. These are in no specific order.

1. CameraTweak 2 $1.49

CameraTweak 2 adds a ton of worthy new features to your iOS 7 Camera application, including the ability to separate focus from exposure, the ability to have timed photographs, the ability to lock white balance, and much more. All of these features are features that you could normally only get from a third-party App Store camera application, but this tweak brings all of it to the stock Camera application that we all know and love. It's really worth taking a look at if you take a lot of pictures with your iPhone and want to try and improve your mobile photography skills. You can read more about CameraTweak 2 at this link.

2. Snapper 99

Snapper is an awesome new jailbreak tweak that lets you take a screenshot and keep it on your display along with whatever else you might be doing. This tweak makes it really easy to compare two photographs side by side, or to keep a Wi-Fi password on the display while you try typing it in. It works with Activator, and it's very polished. You can read more about Snapper at this link.

3. ProximityCam FREE

ProximityCam is a new free jailbreak tweak that lets you move your finger in front of your iPhone's proximity sensor to snap a photograph. This tweak can come in handy in situations where you want to stay absolutely still and don't want to shake the photograph by pressing a button. It works for both the front-facing and rear-facing cameras, and it is an Android-inspired jailbreak tweak. You can read more about ProximityCam at this link.

4. ColorBadges 99

ColorBadges is a new jailbreak tweak that automatically colorizes your application icon notification badges to the same color of the application icon that they're showing up for. This tweak is 100% aesthetic, but it's very visually appealing nonetheless. You can read more about ColorBadges at this link.

5. SpotiSearch 99

SpotiSearch is a new add-on for SpotLight that lets you search for Spotify albums, artists, and tracks. It works whether you're a Spotify Premium or a basic Spotify user, and it's very well integrated into SpotLight. Tapping on your search results will open the Spotify application. This is the perfect add-on for SpotLight for people that use SpotLight instead of Apple's Music application. You can read more about SpotiSearch at this link.

6. Gestr 99

Gestr allows you to assign different gestures to different applications on your iOS device, and with the invoking of an Activator action of your choice, you can enter the gesture that you assigned to an application to access that application from anywhere in iOS. This is one of the coolest ways we've ever seen to multitask very quickly, and it's very user-friendly at that. If you want to read more about Gestr, follow this link.

7. Gestr $1.00

CCMeters is an add-on for Control Center that lets you see system information such as your CPU usage, free memory, free storage, upload network speed, and download network speed. All of this is nicely displayed in Control Center, and can be moved around to your liking. You can read more about CCMeters at this link.

8. UIColors $1.49

UIColors is a new jailbreak tweak that lets you configure the user interface colors to your liking. This tweak is really cool for those with an iPhone 5c that want to make their user interface match the color of their handsets, but it's also good for anyone that loves customization as a whole. You can choose a primary color for your user interface, choose a secondary color for switches and sliders, and even choose a custom text color. You can read more about UIColors at this link.

9. Decode Camera for iOS 7 $1.50

Decode Camera for iOS 7 adds native QR code scanning to the stock Camera application in iOS 7. It is easily toggled on and off for ease of use. You can read more about Decode Camera for iOS 7 at this link.

10. iPadKeyboardBlur FREE

iPadKeyboardBlur enables the keyboard transparency and blur effect on the iPad's keyboard so that it acts just like the iOS 7 keyboard on the iPhone or iPod touch. You can read more about iPadKeyboardBlur at this link.

11. SSLPatch FREE

SSLPatch fixes the SSL security bug that exists in firmwares earlier than iOS 7.0.6. It is still recommended that you just go ahead and upgrade to iOS 7.0.6 and re-jailbreak your device for the cleanest fix to this bug, but if for some reason you just don't want to upgrade, you can download this tweak for a somewhat protected experience. You can read more about SSLPatch at this link.

Stay tuned for our next Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Cameratweak has been out for weeks now. I've had it since mobile safe mode was updated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Cameratweak has been out for weeks now. I've had it since mobile safe mode was updated.
    Good job.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

6 and 7 listed as the gesture tweak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevrhof View Post
    Good job.
    Thanks, glad I could get your approval...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty Manley Silberhorn For This Useful Post:

novadam (02-24-2014)

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    6 and 7 listed as the gesture tweak.
    Thanks!

I fixed the name

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    We wrote our review in the last week, which is why it's in this recap.

This recap goes over tweaks that we've written about in the last week. Not necessarily based on release date.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Thanks!

I fixed the name

We wrote our review in the last week, which is why it's in this recap.

This recap goes over tweaks that we've written about in the last week. Not necessarily based on release date.
    Gotcha