+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just Don't Want to Update to iOS 7.0.6? You Could Install Ryan Petrich's SSLPatch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Jj2345 Anyone else getting that error code 2005 when trying to restore? I really wanna update but I can't due to this error code This guy seems
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    Anyone else getting that error code 2005 when trying to restore?
    I really wanna update but I can't due to this error code
    This guy seems to have made his way around it:

Error 2005 - FIXED | iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch forums | iFans

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    I don't think he gets money for every jailbreak. He gets donations, it's not like advertising where you make a certain amount of money per ad. If you're paying money to jailbreak, you're doing it wrong. I did donate $15 when it evasion 7 was first released though. But I won't donate again until 7.1 or iOS 8 is released.
    Right. He's not getting money from jailbreaks. Users can choose to donate to the cause. Web-based ads on the evasi0n Web site might generate revenue; some of that goes to pay to keep the Web site up.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-24-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Thanks

Right, but I don't redownload evasion everytime I want to jailbreak a device, I usually download the most updated version once and then jailbreak multiple devices from that single download.
    But people have to download the new version at least once to jailbreak iOS 7.0.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Right. He's not getting money from jailbreaks. Users can choose to donate to the cause. Web-based ads on the evasi0n Web site might generate revenue; some of that goes to pay to keep the Web site up.
    Do we really know that he doesn't keep some of the money from the ads? I guess it doesn't matter, but I don't see why we have to pretend like all the money comes from donations for no reason.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 02-24-2014 at 08:52 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    But people have to download the new version at least once to jailbreak iOS 7.0.6.

Do we really know that he doesn't keep some of the money from the ads? I guess it doesn't matter, but I don't see why we have to pretend like all the money comes from donations for no reason.
    Who cares, it's free to you anyways, why are you complaining? It's a win-win for everyone if he does make money.

Thanks

Who cares, it's free to you anyways, why are you complaining? It's a win-win for everyone if he does make money.
    I don't know how much clearer I could have been that I wasn't complaining about him making money. I'm just saying that there's no reason for people to act like he isn't. He deserves to make some more money off of this version just because of how quickly he updated Evasi0n.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 02-24-2014 at 09:31 AM.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post

We all know they keep some of the money from the ads. Like I had said, some of it goes to pay for the Web site. So the rest of the money from the ads would go "somewhere."

Donations are probably the largest source in income that they have.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Werty12's Avatar
    Thanks

Who cares what they do with the money. If it wasn't for them none of us would be jailbroken. They offer it for free and ask for a donation. If I had to guess 8 out of 10 people probably don't give anything. So if an ad or whatever gives them some cushion in their pocket so be it. I can only imagine the amount I time these guys put in to this and simply ask for a donation. God bless them!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Werty12 View Post
    Who cares what they do with the money. If it wasn't for them none of us would be jailbroken. They offer it for free and ask for a donation. If I had to guess 8 out of 10 people probably don't give anything. So if an ad or whatever gives them some cushion in their pocket so be it. I can only imagine the amount I time these guys put in to this and simply ask for a donation. God bless them!
    I agree 100%.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    We all know they keep some of the money from the ads. Like I had said, some of it goes to pay for the Web site. So the rest of the money from the ads would go "somewhere."

Donations are probably the largest source in income that they have.
    Excuse me ... Donation is our willingness to care for those who have given to our facility, and it is not a necessity. Where the money is used, it is not our business, which is important .. we hope that the update soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I updated my iphone 5, ipad 2 & wife's iphone 4.

My ipad had stopped working in iTunes :-/ it would just site with the tab ipad & the spinning loading symbols. So had no choice there.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Another security flaw has been found since the iOS 7.0.6 release!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Another security flaw has been found since the iOS 7.0.6 release!
    Link?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Second Apple iOS security flaw exposed http://flip.it/o0oOQ

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mlee19841 For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (02-25-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Second Apple iOS security flaw exposed http://flip.it/o0oOQ
    This one seems like it would be a lot harder to exploit at least. From what I read though it seems like it's not really a flaw? It seems like it's just a possible malicious app that could theoretically be created. Of course apps have the ability to track what positions are touched on the screen. As long as Apple makes sure no one uses that for nefarious purposes I don't see what the big deal is.

Never mind, I see now that the problem is that it can run in the background.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 02-25-2014 at 08:50 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetjoey View Post
    I already had Ryan Petrich's Source installed, as he has some sweet utilities... BUT I can't find the SSLPatch! It's simply not there! Anyone else having a problem locating the SSLPatch? Any ideas anyone???

*** B.T.W., I'm running iOS 7.04 on an iPhone 5.

Thanks!!!
    It's on BigBoss repo, not on R Petrich's.

Quote Originally Posted by SuncoastDave View Post
    Wierd.
    Doesn't show in the repo list, or in the changes display, but search finds it. Yay.

Now I can wait 'til the weekend to update.
    It's on BigBoss repo, not on R Petrich's.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

I used this patch rather than update to 6.1.6 on my iPod. Before the patch,my Safari would crash repeatedly. Now, it stopped crashing. I cannot explain it, but I am happy that this seem to fix my Safari crashing problem.

Thank you Ryan Petrich.

PS: I have a 4th gen iPod Touch.
    Last edited by madrich; 02-27-2014 at 05:20 AM.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123