Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just Don't Want to Update to iOS 7.0.6? You Could Install Ryan Petrich's SSLPatch

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Any love for old devices that didn't get iOS7? My mother's iPhone 3GS went through the wash last night and she's now using an old iPhone 3G with iOS3-based whited00r7. I can put iOS4 on it but I doubt they are going to release a fixed iOS4. Will Ryan' patch work on iOS3/4?
    I don't think this bug exists in iOS 3, but I can't find where I read that again. Someone said it didn't even exist in 5.1.

Can anyone verify?
    Last edited by Zokunei; 02-23-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I don't think this bug exists in iOS 3, but I can't find where I read that again. Someone said it didn't even exist in 5.1.

Can anyone verify?
    Ryan said this tweak was for iOS 6 and iOS 7, and pod2g said that this bug has been in iOS for the last year, so I would assume it's only for iOS 6 and later.

I really have no way of completely confirming this, though.

Just downloaded it. I have way to much music on my phone to lose with a restore & back up.

Heh. Just waste another day on an unlikely chance of being exploited? Nah I'll go for the patch.

Default The bug only affects iOS 6.x to 7.0.5
    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Any love for old devices that didn't get iOS7? My mother's iPhone 3GS went through the wash last night and she's now using an old iPhone 3G with iOS3-based whited00r7. I can put iOS4 on it but I doubt they are going to release a fixed iOS4. Will Ryan' patch work on iOS3/4?
    The bug only affects iOS 6.x to 7.0.5

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sLi For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (02-23-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Why are you on 7.0? Evasion was released after 7.0.4 was out. Why not just upgrade 7.0.4 then? Since it only takes about 5 mins to update ota. And evasion worked for me doing the ota updates.
    You can't update using OTA or evasi0n won't work right. You have to do a full restore. You should read and learn before criticizing.

Beautiful. Gracias, Ryan.

Thanks

Still hatin iOS 7, should probably just use the patch.

Anyone else getting that error code 2005 when trying to restore?
    I really wanna update but I can't due to this error code

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    You can't update using OTA or evasi0n won't work right. You have to do a full restore. You should read and learn before criticizing.
    Weird. I updated ota, with 4 different devices and evasion worked fine... Maybe you shouldn't criticize people about what you don't know.

Here's the thing about using this patch and not updating. You make purchases for tweaks in cydia and your paypal or Amazon information is susceptible to being compromised. Along with your google account or Facebook account. Will you ever get hacked on those accounts? we'll find out when it happens to you. And if something breaks and your phone goes into safemode without you knowing it, your phone is still using the internet in the background, where any account or information you have on your device that requires Internet is at risk. If you don't value security, go with this patch. If you do, upgrade and rejailbreak.
    Last edited by Scotty Manley Silberhorn; 02-23-2014 at 10:57 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty Manley Silberhorn For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (02-24-2014)

I already had Ryan Petrich's Source installed, as he has some sweet utilities... BUT I can't find the SSLPatch! It's simply not there! Anyone else having a problem locating the SSLPatch? Any ideas anyone???

*** B.T.W., I'm running iOS 7.04 on an iPhone 5.

Thanks!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    How is that? I think pod2g is just looking into the best interest of everyone.

Since Ryan's tweak doesn't protect you 100% of the time like the iOS update does, I think he's right.
    You are prolly right. Overall people should update. That is the logical thing to do. I just try to look at the bigger picture. More updates mean more rejailbreaks and that means more money for pod2g. That's just a fact. I'm sure it's probably not his motivating factor. So Taig pod2g errrr i mean thanks pod2g!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mirilopr's Avatar
    Thanks

Whats the best backup tweak for cydia apps?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mirilopr View Post
    Whats the best backup tweak for cydia apps?
    Pkgbackup

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

mirilopr (02-26-2014)

This pretty reliable source says the bug is only in iOS 6 and 7. http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/de...=CVE-2014-1266

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetjoey View Post
    I already had Ryan Petrich's Source installed, as he has some sweet utilities... BUT I can't find the SSLPatch! It's simply not there! Anyone else having a problem locating the SSLPatch? Any ideas anyone???

*** B.T.W., I'm running iOS 7.04 on an iPhone 5.

Thanks!!!
    Just type SSL and it shows up.

Wierd.
    Doesn't show in the repo list, or in the changes display, but search finds it. Yay.

Now I can wait 'til the weekend to update.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    You are prolly right. Overall people should update. That is the logical thing to do. I just try to look at the bigger picture. More updates mean more rejailbreaks and that means more money for pod2g. That's just a fact. I'm sure it's probably not his motivating factor. So Taig pod2g errrr i mean thanks pod2g!
    I don't think he gets money for every jailbreak. He gets donations, it's not like advertising where you make a certain amount of money per ad. If you're paying money to jailbreak, you're doing it wrong. I did donate $15 when it evasion 7 was first released though. But I won't donate again until 7.1 or iOS 8 is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    I don't think he gets money for every jailbreak. He gets donations, it's not like advertising where you make a certain amount of money per ad. If you're paying money to jailbreak, you're doing it wrong. I did donate $15 when it evasion 7 was first released though. But I won't donate again until 7.1 or iOS 8 is released.
    There are ads on Evasi0n.com. I don't think that's why he's telling people to update though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    There are ads on Evasi0n.com. I don't think that's why he's telling people to update though.
    Right, but I don't redownload evasion everytime I want to jailbreak a device, I usually download the most updated version once and then jailbreak multiple devices from that single download.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast