+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ColorY0urBoard' Lets You Change the Keyboard Color to Whatever You Want it to Be

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A couple of weeks ago, we showed you a new free jailbreak tweak called BlueBoard , which allowed you to change your keyboard key colors to the same color blue
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'ColorY0urBoard' Lets You Change the Keyboard Color to Whatever You Want it to Be

A couple of weeks ago, we showed you a new free jailbreak tweak called BlueBoard, which allowed you to change your keyboard key colors to the same color blue that the Shift key would become if you turned on caps lock.

While cool, this tweak only let you change the keys to the color blue, and didn't offer any other forms of customization. A new jailbreak tweak called ColorY0urBoard by iOS developer MoonWolf is now available in Cydia that lets you change the color of the entire keyboard, not just the keys, to any color that you want, as shown above.

The tweak adds an application icon to your Home Screen where you can configure the color that you want to use for your iOS keyboard:

At the top left of the application, you'll find a "Turn On/Turn Off" button, and at the top right of the application, you'll find a save button. You will want to make sure the tweak is turned on, and every time you make changes to the color, you will want to tap on the save button and close all of your applications in the App Switcher for it to take effect (no respring is required).

To pick a color, you can pick one of the pre-defined colors, or you can pick a manual color from the color picker. There is also an alpha picker that you can use to adjust the alpha level of the color effect.

If you want to give this tweak a try and begin adding colors to your iOS keyboard, then you'll find ColorY0urKeyboard in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.99. The tweak requires iOS 7 to be installed.

Name: ColorY0urKeyboard
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: MoonWolf
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (02-23-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

or buy the tweak "fancy" for $0.99 and be able to change the keyboard color, notifications color, control center and notification center, and hud color and dock color and spotlight color, and siri and folders. In short this ColorYOurKeyboard is a rip off

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seizlapee View Post
    or buy the tweak "fancy" for $0.99 and be able to change the keyboard color, notifications color, control center and notification center, and hud color and dock color and spotlight color, and siri and folders. In short this ColorYOurKeyboard is a rip off
    It's true that Fancy themes more, but it only gives you pre-defined colors, while ColorY0urBoard gives you a color picker that can stretch far beyond pre-defined colors.

You have a point, but there are a few pros/cons to each.

Thanks

I tried this tweak and didn't like it at all the colors looked dull. I use fancy it's much better and you can color way more then just the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It's true that Fancy themes more, but it only gives you pre-defined colors, while ColorY0urBoard gives you a color picker that can stretch far beyond pre-defined colors.

Fancy is way better. The colors look bad using col0ryourboard.

Thanks
    Wow you guys are right Fancy is better I just download it C👀L.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed this, did a respring, quit and restarted all apps and it's not working.
    Last edited by lex2000; 02-23-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lex2000 View Post
    I just installed this, did a respiring, quit all apps and it's still not working.
    Did you tap on the save button, and turn the tweak on?

Thanks

I'd get this is it also themed the Pop-Ups. Why bother theming this if the default grey popups still display?

I'm assuming it doesn't since the author did not specify, or show any screenshots including pop-ups.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did you tap on the save button, and turn the tweak on?
    Yes, I did both of those things. Even rebooted with no luck.
    Last edited by lex2000; 02-23-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lex2000 View Post
    Yes, I did both of those things. Even rebooted with no luck.

Comments are not showing up on the article page, FYI.
    I don't know then.

Let the developer know in Cydia's e-mail system and maybe he can help you figure this out!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, will do. Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

Not entirely so.. U can mix up colors in fancy till you get the appropriate color u want. You don't have to use the custom global option of black shade.

Thanks

Tried Fancy, didn't like it. BlueBoard works well, albeit with only one color. I do miss Color Keyboard, as it's not usable on iOS 7. For $1.99 this seems a bit pricey, but the color picker might make it worth it. I'm curious what others who try it think.