+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n7 Version 1.0.6 Released With Official Support for Recently-released iOS 7.0.6

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Question: if you restore backup from itunes before having JBen first, won't that create problems with some unpaid apps one may have? Why not after RESTORE to 7.0.6 immediately JB,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question:
    if you restore backup from itunes before having JBen first, won't that create problems with some unpaid apps one may have?
    Why not after RESTORE to 7.0.6 immediately JB, and then only restore backup from itunes?

Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    guys am planning to update my JB iphone4s 7.0.4 to 7.0.6.
    are these the correct steps..
    - download evasion 1.0.6
    - download ios 7.0.6
    - back up phone to itunes
    - back up cydia to "OpenBackup"
    - put phone in DFU
    - RESTORE to 7.0.6
    - if successful, restore backup from itunes
    - restore cydia from OpenBackup
    - JB with evasion 1.0.6
    - done!

thanks for the help..

Thanks

guys am planning to update my JB iphone4s 7.0.4 to 7.0.6.
    are these the correct steps..
    - download evasion 1.0.6
    - download ios 7.0.6
    - back up phone to itunes
    - back up cydia to "OpenBackup"
    - put phone in DFU
    - RESTORE to 7.0.6
    * UPDATE to 7.0.6
    - JB with evasion 1.0.6
    - if successful, restore backup from itunes
    - restore cydia from OpenBackup
    - done!
    Red: remove this step.
    Bold: add this step

I also move the JB up to right after the UPDATE to 7.0.6

Why: put phone in DFU, no need here. Don't RESTORE the phone, that wipes out everything on your phone to factory condition. Just do an UPDATE with the iPhone plugged into your computer, using iTunes. Then JB with the latest evasi0n by killing iTunes (though you don't even have to do that), starting the evasi0n .exe, and follow the instructions carefully. Open the included Readme.txt file, read it and follow it. Then finally, restore your Cydia programs and settings with OpenBackup, PKGBackup, whatever backup package you used FROM CYDIA. If everything goes well, no need to restore from iTunes; that backup is only in case things DON'T go well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure if this has been posted but 7.0.6 includes a fix for the recent FindMyiPhone exploit.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

I so wish I hadn't updated. I took all the necessary steps and Cydia will not let me download activator this sucks. Worst of all a lot of my tweaks no longer work. Am I the only one having this problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,448 Times in 4,291 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
    I so wish I hadn't updated. I took all the necessary steps and Cydia will not let me download activator this sucks. Worst of all a lot of my tweaks no longer work. Am I the only one having this problem?
    Something bad happened when you updated. All my tweaks work - I can download Activator. And I'm on 7.0.6 (5S). I read in another post about going into iFile to var/lib/apt/lists and deleting all files in there EXCEPT: partial and lock. And then going back into Cydia and let it reload all the repos. That has solved the problem for getting cydia repos to download correctly for people after their update to 7.0.6. But when you say "my tweaks don't work correctly" you'll have to be more specific.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (02-27-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Most of my tweak's require activator in order to work. It keeps saying I need Cydia Substrate but I have Cydia substrate install it just doesn't recognize it's there. The really weird thing is I have some tweaks that are working just fine that require Cydia Subtrate. Man, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling I've tried just reinstalling. I've even did both in safe mode.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Red: remove this step.
    Bold: add this step

I also move the JB up to right after the UPDATE to 7.0.6

Why: put phone in DFU, no need here. Don't RESTORE the phone, that wipes out everything on your phone to factory condition. Just do an UPDATE with the iPhone plugged into your computer, using iTunes. Then JB with the latest evasi0n by killing iTunes (though you don't even have to do that), starting the evasi0n .exe, and follow the instructions carefully. Open the included Readme.txt file, read it and follow it. Then finally, restore your Cydia programs and settings with OpenBackup, PKGBackup, whatever backup package you used FROM CYDIA. If everything goes well, no need to restore from iTunes; that backup is only in case things DON'T go well.
    after successfully "updating" to ios7.0.6 and JB with evasion 1.0.6, i notice my 4s battery drains faster..
    isnt this cause by just "update" only and not DFU restore???

thanks

Thanks

after successfully "updating" to ios7.0.6 and JB with evasion 1.0.6, i notice my 4s battery drains faster..

thanks
    A restore also 'turns back on' things you may have had turned off before the restore.
    1)If you don't use BlueTooth make sure that's off.. HUGE battery killer
    2) Turn PUSH mail off unless you absolutely need it for work email.. HUGE battery killer.
    3) Go into Settings-->Privacy-->Location Services -->System and turn off EVERY switch in there but traffic. You don't need ANY of those things in there and they're huge battery killers
    4) Go into Settings --> General --> Background App Refresh and turn that switch off. Another HUGE battery killer and you don't need it.

Those 4 steps could make a big difference for you. Hope it helps..

Grant

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (03-03-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    A restore also 'turns back on' things you may have had turned off before the restore.
    2) Turn PUSH mail off unless you absolutely need it for work email.. HUGE battery killer.
    3) Go into Settings-->Privacy-->Location Services -->System and turn off EVERY switch in there but traffic. You don't need ANY of those things in there and they're huge battery killers
    4) Go into Settings --> General --> Background App Refresh and turn that switch off. Another HUGE battery killer and you don't need it.

Grant
    thanks.. will try what you suggested..

Thanks

What about Cell Network Search? What's Traffic used for?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Grant
    i woke up 5:15am with a fully charge (100%) battery on my 4s, now at 8:30am battery is 70% with minimal usage, for me i feel it drains too fast, is this normal?

thanks

Thanks

i woke up 5:15am with a fully charge (100%) battery on my 4s, now at 8:30am battery is 70% with minimal usage, for me i feel it drains too fast, is this normal?

thanks
    Is this after all the changes I asked you to make? Then yes..there is something wrong with your battery. How old is your 4S? The battery will only last about 2 years before needing to be replaced. Tell tale sign of a dying lithium ion battery - is not holding charge anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    What about Cell Network Search? What's Traffic used for?
    Cell Network Search is only needed if you're traveling a lot to places that don't have towers for your carrier. If your carrier has lots of towers for hundreds of miles - then it's just a battery drain.

Traffic shows the position data of your phone to the main grid while you're driving - so your car can be calculated as part of overall traffic flow.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-03-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@newdestinyX... yes i have tried your suggestion..
    thanks anyway...

Thanks

@newdestinyX... yes i have tried your suggestion..
    thanks anyway...
    time for a new phone or a battery change at an Apple Store.

Thanks

thanks
    Try this too:
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ios-7-0-6-f...update-1438622

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123