Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Evasi0n7 Version 1.0.6 Released With Official Support for Recently-released iOS 7.0.6

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a jailbreak security patch (obviously it would need to come from a trusted source). It kind of feels like overkill, re-downloading millions of lines of code, to fix just one thats's bad. Or at least, the only one that's known to be bad ;-)



    You should read up on this bug first, before deciding to skip the 7.0.6 update. This one's a little more serious than average!
    Yeah I am honestly leaning more towards updating. You guys got me.

  2. #22
    My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 119 Times in 87 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    If you haven't learned by now, there are always exploits and bugs and such in every version.
    True. Also nearly irrelevant in this case. This bug had its source code published, it's very easy to exploit and very widely known, and finally, the consequences very serious. Meanwhile, the fix is straightforward and free, just a little time consuming.

    In other words, don't be effing lazy. Update and re-jailbreak. Follow the advice elsewhere about backing up via iTunes and your favorite Cydia backup package so you don't spend hours restoring all your packages, settings, and layouts.
    Last edited by buggsy2; 02-23-2014 at 02:23 PM.

  3. #23
    Thanks very much to the whole team. This upgrade and new jailbreak works perfectly. Also, used OpenBacup. All, flawless. Much thanks

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clem-Clone For This Useful Post:

    Zokunei (02-23-2014)

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I kind of hate this middle period after a new iOS release. It's awesome when a big upgrade happens and a JB finally comes out, but then we start to get these smaller releases every so often and we wait to see if the JB will work, if it does you have to upgrade and JB all over again. You do this until Apple finally releases a version that has patched the exploit and you stay on that usually until the next big iOS update, then the cycle begins again. And you don't want to wait too long to upgrade to the smaller updates because Apple might stop signing them...it just gets annoying having to backup your stuff, restore your phone, upgrading, putting your stuff back on, JB, and getting your phone back to how you had it before with all your tweaks. Oh well! I love having a JB phone so of course I'll keep doing it, I just read PokemonDesigner's post and it made me think about all that, I understand exactly what he's saying lol!

    Anyway! Thanks for the JB update, it's very much appreciated!
    The choice to update is completely yours. You have to choose if you'd rather have to watch out which wifi network you connect to or not.

  6. #25
    Anyone else having problems jailbreaking the iPad Air Cellular model? It goes through the first step and reboots the iPad and then you go to tap on the evaisi0n icon and it comes up flashes quick and back to the main screen.

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Anyone else having problems jailbreaking the iPad Air Cellular model? It goes through the first step and reboots the iPad and then you go to tap on the evaisi0n icon and it comes up flashes quick and back to the main screen.
    That happened to me on iPhone 5s, I run evasi0n again on PC and it worked on iPhone.

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by 2moon View Post
    That happened to me on iPhone 5s, I run evasi0n again on PC and it worked on iPhone.
    I've tried it 3 times and same thing each time. My 5S worked fine but iPad air cellular model I get this

    Is apple still signing 7.0.4? I can't stand a non jailbroke device. I know this is all free but it's annoying when it doesn't work. iPad air Cellular modem on 7.0.6 that will run evaisi0n and reboot and after that when you tap the icon if flashes quick and does nothing. Need my jailbreak or I'll have to return this to apple as I'm in my 30 days yet.
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 02-24-2014 at 05:49 PM.

  9. #28
    Anyone else experiencing crashes and tweaks not working.? That did work on 7.0.4..

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    Anyone else experiencing crashes and tweaks not working.? That did work on 7.0.4..
    Not here. Been perfectly clean on 7.0.6 with same tweaks as 7.0.4.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    Anyone else experiencing crashes and tweaks not working.? That did work on 7.0.4..
    I've noticed it happening on my 5s.

  12. #31
    anyone know an alternate safe place to download evasi0n 7.0.6? The Mega link keeps timing out and I'm stuck at 28%

  13. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by rodnutz View Post
    anyone know an alternate safe place to download evasi0n 7.0.6? The Mega link keeps timing out and I'm stuck at 28%
    Download iOS 7.0.6 from iTunes.

  14. #33
    guys am planning to update my JB iphone4s 7.0.4 to 7.0.6.
    are these the correct steps..
    - download evasion 1.0.6
    - download ios 7.0.6
    - back up phone to itunes
    - back up cydia to "OpenBackup"
    - put phone in DFU
    - RESTORE to 7.0.6
    - if successful, restore backup from itunes
    - restore cydia from OpenBackup
    - JB with evasion 1.0.6
    - done!

    thanks for the help..

  15. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    Anyone else experiencing crashes and tweaks not working.? That did work on 7.0.4..
    Updated and jb the day 7.0.6 came out. I am having problems with tweaks/apps not showing up after respringing. I often have to reboot for the app to show up! I did jailbreak with the UNofficial version though. It is what it is I suppose.

  16. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    guys am planning to update my JB iphone4s 7.0.4 to 7.0.6.
    are these the correct steps..
    - download evasion 1.0.6
    - download ios 7.0.6
    - back up phone to itunes
    - back up cydia to "OpenBackup"
    - put phone in DFU
    - RESTORE to 7.0.6
    - if successful, restore backup from itunes
    - restore cydia from OpenBackup
    - JB with evasion 1.0.6
    - done!

    thanks for the help..
    Those are correct, except you have to do an iTunes backup after using OpenBackup. Also, there is a bug in OpenBackup 2.0.5 that causes it not to open. However, if you have version 2.0.4 then it won't back up your custom Cydia sources if you have any. You should go to OpenBackup's page in Cydia and press the Author field to email the developer (me). I can send you a working version of OpenBackup (it's still awaiting approval from ModMyi at this time).

  17. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Those are correct, except you have to do an iTunes backup after using OpenBackup. Also, there is a bug in OpenBackup 2.0.5 that causes it not to open. However, if you have version 2.0.4 then it won't back up your custom Cydia sources if you have any. You should go to OpenBackup's page in Cydia and press the Author field to email the developer (me). I can send you a working version of OpenBackup (it's still awaiting approval from ModMyi at this time).
    thanks..

    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Those are correct, except you have to do an iTunes backup after using OpenBackup. Also, there is a bug in OpenBackup 2.0.5 that causes it not to open. However, if you have version 2.0.4 then it won't back up your custom Cydia sources if you have any. You should go to OpenBackup's page in Cydia and press the Author field to email the developer (me). I can send you a working version of OpenBackup (it's still awaiting approval from ModMyi at this time).
    thanks..
    i just check OpenBackup and its still version 2.0.4 but there is an update waiting..
    Last edited by 714pedro; 02-25-2014 at 08:52 PM.

  18. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    thanks..
    i just check OpenBackup and its still version 2.0.4 but there is an update waiting..
    If you have sources/repos in Cydia other than the default ones I would recommend tapping on the author's name in OpenBackup's Cydia page to email him and ask for the newer version. You'll need it anyway if you plan on restoring to iOS 7.0.6 within the next day or two.

  19. #38
    by saying "newer version" does it mean the 2.0.5 version? or theres still a newer one??

    thanks

  20. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    by saying "newer version" does it mean the 2.0.5 version? or theres still a newer one??

    thanks
    It's 2.0.5-1. It fixes the problem with 2.0.5 but also the one with earlier versions of not backing up all of the data to make sure sources actually appear in Cydia after being restored.

  21. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    Anyone else experiencing crashes and tweaks not working.? That did work on 7.0.4..
    I'm not sure what you mean by "tweaks not working" but I couldn't even find tweaks at first. I then deleted sources like BigBoss and ModMyi and reinstalled them again and it all came up again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •