Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'bAnimated' Animates Your Badge Notifications

Default 'bAnimated' Animates Your Badge Notifications

For those that like movement and animations, an interesting new jailbreak tweak called bAnimated by iOS developer Javier Brito is now available in Cydia that will animate your notification badges on your Home Screen.

The tweak comes with 24 different kinds of animations that you can pick from in order to add some life to your Home Screen's notification badges. The animations will apply to every single one of your application icons that have notification badges.

In the example shown above, the badge moves from one corner to the next, in a clockwise movement pattern, every second. This particular animation is called "Corners Clockwise," but there are several other animations too.

You can head over to the Settings application after installing the tweak to visit the bAnimated preferences pane:

Here, you can choose the animation style that you want to apply to all of your notification badges, as well as pick how fast or how slow the animation will be. The higher the number you put the slider at, the slower the animation will be. You can also opt to use the remove badge background option.

The 24 different notification badge animations that you have to pick from include:

• Corners clockwise
    • Corners counter clockwise
    • Smile progression
    • Moon progression
    • Shooting star right
    • Shooting star left
    • Shooting star up
    • Shooting star down
    • Shooting star center
    • Shooting star random
    • Little wiggle
    • Big wiggle
    • Little scroll
    • Big scroll
    • Little scroll pass
    • Big scroll pass
    • Little spread
    • Big spread
    • Little scroll spread
    • Big scroll spread
    • Little scroll spread pass
    • Big scroll spread pass
    • Plus
    • X

When you have notification badges, this is a nice way not only to add life to your home screen, but also to get your attention. Now, your application icons on your home screen can wave at you and say, "hey you! You have some notifications."

If you're unsure about buying bAnimated (the tweak is $1.99 in Cydia's BigBoss repository), then you can download bAnimated Lite, which is free. The lite version of the tweak only includes 10 animations, and has limited settings. The full version of the tweak will continue to receive updates in the future with more animations based on user request, according to the developer.

If you want to give this tweak a try, head over to Cydia right now and put "bAnimated" in the search bar. The tweak does require iOS 7 to be installed.

Name: bAnimated
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0.1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.5
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Javier Brito
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

I have it, works well though the animations can be a bit quirky at times, but developer is open to new animation suggestions.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,268 Times in 1,392 Posts

I'm sorry but this has to be one of the stupidest tweax I have ever seen. A lot of time was put into it and I respect the hard work but this one goes in the retarded box.

My two cents...

Have you even tried it? lite version available....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VedBoon View Post
    Have you even tried it? lite version available....
    Don't need to...watched a video of all the different animations. Felt like slitting my wrists in the middle of it! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    I have it, works well though the animations can be a bit quirky at times, but developer is open to new animation suggestions.
    The random quirkiness happens when changing animations. A respring after choosing a different animation will fix. And yes I take suggestions. Orbit (circular rotation) and blink have been requested so far and will be released in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Don't need to...watched a video of all the different animations. Felt like slitting my wrists in the middle of it! LOL!!!
    Lol wow please seek help. Watching a video is different from actually using it but everyone has there own taste and opinions. Hopefully you will enjoy my next project.
    Last edited by VedBoon; 02-20-2014 at 06:18 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VedBoon For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (02-21-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VedBoon View Post
    The random quirkiness happens when changing animations. A respring after choosing a different animation will fix. And yes I take suggestions. Orbit (circular rotation) and blink have been requested so far and will be released in the next update.

Lol wow please seek help. Watching a video is different from actually using it but everyone has there own taste and opinions. Hopefully you will enjoy my next project.
    Like I said, I respect the hard work put into it! I certainly couldn't have created anything like this. In fact, I'm jealous of your skills! I'm just not a fan...it's nothing personal.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Like I said, I respect the hard work put into it! I certainly couldn't have created anything like this. In fact, I'm jealous of your skills! I'm just not a fan...it's nothing personal.
    No I understand, but I won't rest until you like one of my tweaks lol.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

It should be nice if he add a preview option to see the animation before we apply it.