+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'BootSound' Plays a Mac OS X-inspired Boot Up Sound When Your iOS Device Starts Up

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For adding that nice little touch to your iOS device so that it acts and sounds like your Mac, a new free jailbreak tweak called BootSound by iOS developer cl3ment
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'BootSound' Plays a Mac OS X-inspired Boot Up Sound When Your iOS Device Starts Up

For adding that nice little touch to your iOS device so that it acts and sounds like your Mac, a new free jailbreak tweak called BootSound by iOS developer cl3ment is now available in Cydia's ModMyi repository.

With this tweak installed, each and every time you boot up your SpringBoard, either by rebooting it or respringing it, you will hear a nice Mac OS X-inspired chime sound indicating that your device has started up successfully.

Notably, if your device is in silent mode via the ring/silent switch, the boot sound won't be audible. Your device will need to be in ring mode for you to hear the sound every time you reboot or respring your iOS device.

The tweak doesn't have any options to configure, and if you'd like to give it a try, you can download it right now from Cydia's ModMyi repository. The tweak works great on iOS 7.

Name: BootSound
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: ModMyi
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Developer: cl3ment
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Thanks

Do Macs even make a boot sound anymore? Is it possible to enable somehow?

Thanks

Didn't work for me

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Do Macs even make a boot sound anymore? Is it possible to enable somehow?
    Every Mac I have makes a boot sound.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (02-19-2014)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

Got this yesterday when I saw it in changes. Nice to hear when SB starts. Also if you didn't know? It's also the sound in the movie Wall-e as he gets done charging up. lol

Would be nice to see Apple add this into iOS. Just one of those little add on's refinements.
    Last edited by Carvensno; 02-19-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Every Mac I have makes a boot sound.
    It seems like that was the only thing not working on my Hackintosh. I found something to enable it though.

Thanks

It seems like that was the only thing not working on my Hackintosh. I found something to enable it though.
    You got your Hackintosh to make the boot up sound? What did you do to get it too work? I assumed it wouldn't because of when the sound drivers get loaded up/enabled when booting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    You got your Hackintosh to make the boot up sound? What did you do to get it too work? I assumed it wouldn't because of when the sound drivers get loaded up/enabled when booting.
    You might get the boot sound on a hackintosh when the desktop loads but you won't get it when the computer initially boots. AFAIK that is built into the firmware. I have a 2006 Mac Pro and was using Chameleon to run Mavericks for a while and I would get the boot sound as soon as I hit the power button, long before any drivers or even chameleon loaded. I am not using Chameleon anymore, instead I am using a modified boot.efi that will boot 64bit on a 32bit EFI ROM.

This tweak is working on my iPad but when I first installed in on my iPhone it was not working.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (02-19-2014)

Thanks

There's a thread on tonymacx86 for it. It's the first one that shows up if you search "boot sound." The OP should have a file called Carillon.zip. I had to change the install destination to my OS X drive/partition instead of "all users" to get it to work. For me it plays about when the spinning wheel disappears during boot.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (02-19-2014)

Thanks

There's a thread on tonymacx86 for it. It's the first one that shows up if you search "boot sound." The OP should have a file called Carillon.zip. I had to change the install destination to my OS X drive/partition instead of "all users" to get it to work. For me it plays about when the spinning wheel disappears during boot.
    Thanks guys for the info This is my first Hackintosh, but having fun with it so far and the build.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thanks guys for the info This is my first Hackintosh, but having fun with it so far and the build.
    I'm running mavericks on my intel i5 asus ultrabook on VMware workstation 10. Runs sweet as a nut

Thanks

Yuck it uses a hideous version of the boot chime. Sounds like funeral dirge.

Yes you can change the boot sound. Just make your own boot.mp3 file. Sweet.
    Last edited by exNavy; 02-19-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks

I dont hear anything.

Ok, I was an idiot. Had accidently put the phone in silent mode.

I like this tweak but would like to know where I can find the folder to change the sound.
    Last edited by Pizentu; 02-20-2014 at 04:12 PM.