Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'UIColors' Lets You Colorize the User Interface of iOS System-wide

Default 'UIColors' Lets You Colorize the User Interface of iOS System-wide

In the event that you're not happy with Apple's bland white system-wide user interface color, a new jailbreak tweak called UIColors by iOS developer Bailey Seymour is now available that will let you colorize iOS 7 system-wide to your liking. The tweak will colorize main user interfaces, sliders, text color, keyboards, threads, both third-party and pre-installed apps, and more.

As shown above, UIColors will let you color almost anything that has to do with iOS. The tweak is very user-friendly, giving the user an infinite scope of color options that can easily be applied with a respring.

To configure the tweak to your liking, you'll want to head over to the tweak's preferences pane in the Settings application, which is shown below:

The first pane you'll see if a place to disable the tweak to individual applications. By default, the tweak is applied to every application, but if you experience a situation where an application doesn't really play nicely with the tweak, this is one way to combat the problem. You'll also find a pane for selecting a primary color (this is applied to the whole user interface), a pane for selecting a secondary color (this is applied to switches, sliders, and other minor user interface elements), and a pane for selecting your text color.

You will also find two switches, one that enables or disables coloring iOS and SpringBoard, and one that enables or disables the tweak on demand. There's also a respring button at the bottom of the preferences pane under the developer contact information that you can use to respring your device each time you make changes.

The colors are selected with a color picker, as well as hue, saturation, and brightness sliders:

UIColors is very in-depth, and will be useful for all of your colorization needs. On the other hand, it does have some rough edges – it doesn't look good to have colors everywhere, but it looks good in many applications. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available for $1.49 in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak does require iOS 7 to be installed.

Name: UIColors
    Price: $1.49
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.5
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Bailey Seymour
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Would be real neat for people with the 5C.

Does it do icon labels on the springboard? Also anyone that uses springtomize. I felt like it had more custom options when it was on iOS 6 am I just crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Does it do icon labels on the springboard?
    No, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Also anyone that uses springtomize. I felt like it had more custom options when it was on iOS 6 am I just crazy?
    It did. Filippo can only do so much at the beginning of the tweak's release, and always adds more as time goes by.

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    Would be real neat for people with the 5C.
    Suks that it only works on ios7.

There needs to be an option to bring back IOS6 colors to IOS7. The white is what ruins it, its just too bright now.

Quote Originally Posted by c1972798 View Post
    There needs to be an option to bring back IOS6 colors to IOS7. The white is what ruins it, its just too bright now.
    That would be much more than just colors. It was a whole user interface re-vamp. It went from skeuomorphic to flat.

My iPhone is a Part of Me superouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 398 Posts

This app slows down my phone

Any time ofupdating this to ios7.1.1 and + ? I want to purchase this.