+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'NCMusicControle' Adds a Music Widget to Notification Center and/or Control Center

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you listen to a lot of music on your iOS device, you might be able to benefit from additional media controls. Already, you have media controls available to you
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'NCMusicControle' Adds a Music Widget to Notification Center and/or Control Center

If you listen to a lot of music on your iOS device, you might be able to benefit from additional media controls. Already, you have media controls available to you in Control Center, the Lock Screen, and even from the Music application itself, but the media controls in Control Center could be improved on, and adding media controls to your Notification Center will give you even more flexibility.

A new Notification Center add-on called NCMusicControle by iOS developer Marvin Schwalzik is now available in Cydia that allows you to add a media controls widget to Notification Center, as shown above. It comes complete with a good-sized album artwork, play, pause, forward, and backward buttons, and even a slider that can be customized between being a scrubber and a volume slider.

To change the slider between either a music scrubber or a volume slider, all you need to do is tap on the album artwork once. The music scrubber is indicated by the vertical line, and the volume slider is indicated by the round knob:

You can also tap and hold on the album artwork to bring up a share sheet, which will allow you to share what you're listening to over several different social networking mediums:

In addition to being a Notification Center widget, NCMusicControle is also compatible with Control Center. If you have CCLoader installed (if not, you can just download it for free from Cydia), then you can also enable NCMusicControle for Control Center via the CCloader preferences pane in the Settings application.

Even when in Control Center, all of the functions of the widget are the same as when you're in Notification Center. You'll see the same buttons, the same ability to switch between a scrubber or a volume slider, and the same ability to share whatever you're listening to on social networking mediums.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure various options, as well as an entry to the CCLoader preferences pane (if you have it installed) where you can enable or disable the Control Center widget:

The first option you'll find is the ability to set the default slider type for the widget. By default, it's a music scrubber, and you'll have to tap on the album artwork to change the slider into a volume slider. But you can also opt for the default slider to be a volume slider, and then have to tap on the album artwork to change it into a music scrubber. You can also enable or disable the music sharing feature, configure the corner radius of the music's album artwork, and respring the device after making changes.

From the CCLoader preferences pane, you can choose the position of the widget in Control Center, enable or disable the widget in Control Center on demand, and even disable the stock music controls to use NCMusicControle instead.

NCMusicControle seems to be a very solid music widget for both Notification Center and Control Center in iOS 7. If you want to give the add-on a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.00. The add-on does require iOS 7 to be installed.

Name: NCMusicControle
    Price: $1.00
    Version: 1.1-10
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.5
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Marvin Schwalzik
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-13-2014 at 12:18 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does anyone of a tweal that would change the IOS7 seong slider "|" grabbe to something like the olders slider "O".
    I find the current song slider to be very thin and small and its very hard to grab especially on the lock screen

Thanks

so is that like ur favorite song or what

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    +1
    So I'm not the only one to notice then.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Not really, but I'm not a big user of Apple's Music application and I don't have any music in it. I only have three songs that I've purchased in the past, so that's what I have available to me for examples.

Thanks

A new free Notification Center add-on called NCMusicControle by iOS developer Marvin Schwalzik is now available in Cydia
    Maybe edit the second paragraph?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spideyrules View Post
    Maybe edit the second paragraph?
    Oopsie. Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Couple of thoughts. First, it shows up fine in control center using CCLoader BUT it's not dynamically hidden like the stock music widget. Also, It shows up in control center just fine but I don't see it in my notification center screen. I think that's rather odd. iPhone 5 running 7.0.4 like the reviewer.

NVM. I found where it's listed in the NC settings. It would be nice to press the album artwork once and have it launch the music app you are using.
    Last edited by spqrguymontag; 02-13-2014 at 02:00 PM.