Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Phontact' Gives Your iPhone Speeddial-like Functionality

Default 'Phontact' Gives Your iPhone Speeddial-like Functionality

The iPhone never really had a good Speed-dial option. Sure, you could argue that Siri offers a viable option, but sometimes you're in a noisy environment, or you might have an iPhone that doesn't even have Siri capability.

If you want to make it easy to call or FaceTime up to four of your favorite contacts, such as family members or friends, you can download a new jailbreak tweak called Phontact by iOS development team HASHBANG Productions.

With this tweak installed, you will be able to configure up to four swipe gestures on your Phone application icon. You can configure swiping up, down, right, or left on the Phone application icon. Each gesture will call someone different, depending on whom you've configured the gesture to call.

Phontact adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure whom each gesture will call or FaceTime, and you can also enable or disable the tweak on demand.

Phontact seems to be a good way to quickly get in touch with your top friends and family. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99. The tweak requires that you have iOS 7 installed to be installed.

Name: Phontact
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.5
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: HASHBANG Productions
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Doesn't work on my iphone 5s

I turned it off and back on and now it's working fine
    Last edited by iOSaddict; 02-13-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iOSaddict View Post
    Doesn't work on my iphone 5s
    Then I won't even be able to try it, but I can tell you this definitely isn't worth $.99...

As a thought for the developer though, how about instead of manually typing in a number, you can link it to a contact. Then also on the phone's home screen icon, you can place a very mini contact pic on each side of the original icon, i.e. if I select swiping left to dial my mom, on my phone icon it shows a tiny version of her contact pic on the left side.
    Last edited by spideyrules; 02-12-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Another decent idea, but why does this need to be limited to iOS 7?

Not working at all on iPhone 5.

Can't believe you didn't link to contacts and make the end user type/paste a number in manually. That's just tacky. Waste of a $1 so far!

Where'd my comment go? Hummmmm.... Well, doesn't work on my 5 either! I do use 5 icon dock for iOS 7, but that souldn't have anything to do with it.

I'd like my .99 back if it isn't going to work!

Dev placed an update to resolve the issue reported, but mine's still not functioning at all. iPhone 5.

Could everyone stop complaining that it doesn't work. Like jeez give the developer a chance to resolve the problem. Also if he sent an update. Just remove then install it again.

I want my money back, this tweak does not work

Quote Originally Posted by pcsw View Post
    I want my money back, this tweak does not work
    Try going to settings and turn it off then turn it back on. This worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyGearIsaac View Post
    Could everyone stop complaining that it doesn't work. Like jeez give the developer a chance to resolve the problem. Also if he sent an update. Just remove then install it again.
    How will he know if we don't post?

Quote Originally Posted by iOSaddict View Post
    Try going to settings and turn it off then turn it back on. This worked for me
    This worked for me as well.

One other thing that's a minor annoyance...when you paste a number, you have to take out the hyphens and parenthesis.
    Last edited by edwilk55; 02-13-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Welcome to modmyi, where the first page of articles in the NEWS category are advertisements for cydia tweaks by Anthony. Last time I bought a tweak based off his recommendation, it didn't work and never was updated to a working status. Buyer beware.

In fact, at this time, only 2 of the first 20 posts are not Anthony shilling a cydia tweak. I thought this forum was news, not cydia ads.
    Last edited by spice_weasel; 02-13-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post
    Welcome to modmyi, where the first page of articles in the NEWS category are advertisements for cydia tweaks by Anthony. Last time I bought a tweak based off his recommendation, it didn't work and never was updated to a working status. Buyer beware.

In fact, at this time, only 2 of the first 20 posts are not Anthony shilling a cydia tweak. I thought this forum was news, not cydia ads.
    You are a member of a community made and created with the foundation of "modding" your iOS device. Cydia plays a HUGE role in this community.

And I'm sorry to hear about your personal luck with the jailbreak tweaks, but I won't write about them if they don't work on my own devices, so I can't totally rule out user error or tweak conflicts that you're experiencing. When I take screenshots of the tweaks, they're from my personal iPhone 5, so that's evidence in its own that the tweak works when I test it.

Please contact the developers of jailbreak tweaks with the issues you're having via the contact link in Cydia. This is the best advice I can give you.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-13-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by znbl View Post
    Another decent idea, but why does this need to be limited to iOS 7?
    Exactly what i've wondered about so many different tweaks so far.

You can actually do all this with Activator, and it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post

So you'd rather read about the Flappy Birds guy and his BS reason for taking down the game? Bouchard spends a lot of time here posting about Cydia tweaks, which everyone but you, appreciates. This is a forum dedicated to jailbreaking iOS devices. It's unimaginable that most of the news would be about different ways to modify your phone, isn't it?

In short, fuck off.