Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Weather Clock 7' Adds Weather Information to Your iOS 7 Lock Screen Above the Clock

Default 'Weather Clock 7' Adds Weather Information to Your iOS 7 Lock Screen Above the Clock

If you can always find weather information useful, then check out a new jailbreak tweak called Weather Clock 7 by iOS developer Gilles PETIT. As shown above, this tweak adds weather information right to your Lock Screen above the Lock Screen clock.

Weather Clock 7 gets its Weather information from the iOS 7 Weather application. It will also take its Weather information from the location that you have open if you have the Current Location tab open, your Lock Screen will show weather information for your current location, but if you have a city that you set manually open, your Lock Screen will show weather information for that manually-set city.

The tweak shows both the current weather (left), and forecasted weather (right) on the Lock Screen above the Lock Screen clock. The name of the location for the weather information is shown, in addition to temperature and a weather condition icon. Unfortunately, if you are from a location with a somewhat long city name, the name can sometimes appear to be cut off.

Weather Clock 7 adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a few options to make the tweak comfortable to use for yourself:

You will be able to enable or disable Weather Clock 7 on demand, hide or show the native Lock Screen clock, hide or show the date under the Lock Screen clock, and choose a lead time that will be used to tell the forecast. For example, this tweak is set with a default lead time of four hours, so what this means is that the tweak will not only show you the current weather conditions outside, but it will also show you the forecasted weather conditions four hours from the current time.

Weather Lock 7 looks to be a very simple and promising way to show weather information on the Lock Screen, although it's not as robust as Forecast for iOS 7, which happens to be 1 cheaper. If you're aiming for the simple look, Weather Clock 7 might be a better alternative. It would also be less of a battery hog than Forecast for iOS 7, as it doesn't add any animations to your wallpaper.

If you want to give Weather Clock 7 a try it's available for $1.00 in Cydia's BigBoss repository. It requires iOS 7 to be installed.

Name: Weather Clock 7
    Price: $1.00
    Version: 1.0.4-6
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.5
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Gilles PETIT
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-11-2014)

forecast is way better......

this is also cool, not everyone wants a super over haul tweak like forecast so to say its way better that depends on a person use towards a tweak. I also got forecast but i like this one better for what i do.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Agree this looks good, minimal but not too obtrusive while displaying additional info. I'm surprised Tim hasn't gotten the apple boys to do this effect to the LS. always annoys me unlocking stuff to get the info I want or swiping down to reveal NC...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Tweak caused consistent crashing of springboard. Uninstalled. Needs work.