+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flappy Bird Developer Speaks Out About Why He Removed the Game From the App Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by MiSTRFiNGA Actually no, that last sentence is MAJOR TRUTH. Most people just dont accept/see it. We always want "bigger/better" and are never happy with what we have.
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MiSTRFiNGA View Post
    Actually no, that last sentence is MAJOR TRUTH. Most people just dont accept/see it. We always want "bigger/better" and are never happy with what we have. Society tells us that if we don't drive a lamborgini and live in a mansion in Beverly Hills because we are famous then we are not "living to our potential". This is unable to be seen by those who are in it just like being in a bad relationship. After it's over you shake your head and say "what was I thinking?!!?" I cannot make you see this perspective, but hopefully one day you will understand. Alot of people are starting to see the things they were told growing up are not true, and that we are living our lives for others(fat cat corporate America) and wearing clothes and items that cost 10x's more than they should so that other people think we are "important" or "wealthy" or "successful". What does money say about you? In my personal experience some people with money are nice, but most are not. And those without are usually down to earth and nice, and small amounts of those are still mean. How about your experience? Have you had this same experience with people in your life? Have you seen people lie steal and cheat their own family and friends to "gain wealth"? When you finally "unplug" from society and don't log into facebook daily, and stop watching TV for a week and just enjoy things YOU enjoy, without trying to impress those around you, you slowly start to see life like those "bad relationships" you didn't realize were bad till you finally got out of them. I wish all of you clarity, peace & happiness in your journey!
    Lol! I love how you just made a million different ASSumptions about based on a single statement I made. That right there tells me a lot about you! I could care less what people around me think, especially you. You really contradicted yourself by saying all those things about me then stating that I need to "unplug" and not care what people around me think...that makes a lot of sense...People wanting bigger and better (and getting it) is what makes this country so great. It give immigrants the chance to make a life for their children/family, it gives everyone the opportunity to better their lives. I work with a lot of people that have lots of money and each one of them are very kind and generous. Of course there's going to be ppl who are mean, but why focus on them, it's a waste of time. I'm not trying to be rude or mean to you, but you literally blew this way out of proportion based on a single statement I made. When all I meant by it was that there's way more to America than just profit, we're very lucky to live in such an awesome country!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,990 Times in 4,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Have you seen eBay? iPhones/iPods with flappy bird installed are selling for 1000-3000 bucks...
    Really? I find that impossible to believe. If it's true then it's stupid and silly and a terrible waste of money. Now I admit I am not a gamer in the slightest. So maybe I just don't understand.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

Why are the news feeds blowing up defending the guy? He obviously planned this from the beginning. "My simple life is ruined"? Are you serious. Once this hype is at its max, he will re-list the app at $5 or $10 and make millions. This is nothing more than marketing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I made a app just for people to play just for fun and it started making 50,000
    In add revenue per day I would be happy and keep the game going

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad.carmichael View Post
    If I made a app just for people to play just for fun and it started making 50,000
    In add revenue per day I would be happy and keep the game going
    So would any normal capitalist American. This guy's from Vietnam - with threats to his life from becoming so rich so fast.. Not to mention - Nintendo pissed at him for alleged copying of idea.

Green Apple
    Thanks

even up to 10,000 dollars for a iphone with it installed on it, people are amazing, we saw kidneys before so this is no surprise.
    I never played the game and don't have any time to be wasting on that.

Thanks

i was meant to be a time killer- not a killer

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peu View Post
    1) Great marketing, do not forget the app keeps getting revenue, and all the media is speaking about it, best case scenario , it would be a fad in a week or two
    2) Then the guy "reconsiders" and publish it again, BAM! two weeks more on top of the charts...
    3) Profit!
    Exactly my thoughts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IChi1d View Post
    even up to 10,000 dollars for a iphone with it installed on it, people are amazing, we saw kidneys before so this is no surprise.
    I never played the game and don't have any time to be wasting on that.
    Hang on!!! I've literally just got out of hospital for donating a kidney and you're saying I could've got 10k for it!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to se23 For This Useful Post:

novadam (02-12-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Clearly this has Nintendo written all over it. The pipes from super Mario bros, the coin sound from super Mario along with the bird that looks like the flying fish in super Mario. I'm pretty sure the reason he is giving is not the real reason...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Guys it's not about the money. None of you can see past that, can you? Whereas we all sit her and whine about how candy crush is too addicting and is causing a loss of productivity, Nguyen didn't want his game to cause a negative reaction in society. I bet all of you would have been content to profit from such a thing, but Nguyen clearly has a strong morals and values system. I respect him for that. Americans are raised with profit as the only value, and look where our society is headed.
    I agree 100% with you. I, in fact, would sit back and enjoy the revenue and not think of the impact that the game is bringing to people's simple lives. He definitely has strong morals.

iPhone? More like MyPhone StuG III's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Have you seen eBay? iPhones/iPods with flappy bird installed are selling for 1000-3000 bucks...
    Well, glad someone has money to blow lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xerray View Post
    I don't know if you guys know this or not, but he lives in Vietnam, and it's dangerous to get a lot of money in a short amount of time.
    I don't know if you heard this or not, but his app generated $50k a day for a while... He can move the eff out if Vietnam.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

this app got people on Craigslist going crazy iPhones for 1500-2500 with flappy bird installed

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, Nintendo is threatening to sue his *** and that's why he's taking it down. I sure do love the little speech that the retard gave about Americans not having morals though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    Yeah, Nintendo is threatening to sue his *** and that's why he's taking it down. I sure do love the little speech that the retard gave about Americans not having morals though.
    Actually the Nintendo suit thing turns out to be a total internet hoax. Nintendo says they couldn't care less about it - in their official statement to the public. Nintendo has nothing to gain by lying about this - so I believe them. Internet/Social Media LOOOVE drama.... There's just no drama here... at least not with Nintendo.

America's youth, as a whole, I wouldn't say holds 'high morals' as their main goal.. But we have quite a wide group in 'america's youth' all the way from - scum that play this 'knocking people out' game sneaking up from behind -- to guys and ladies losing limbs and dying for our country and groups of young people giving huge amounts of time to the poor/needy'..

I take this Vietnamese young man at his word. He just couldn't handle his simple life fading away. I get it... I really do.

Having LOTS of $ is a very complicated life.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12