+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'TimePasscode Pro' Lets You Use the Current Time As a Passcode, With Added Security

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default 'TimePasscode Pro' Lets You Use the Current Time As a Passcode, With Added Security

Not too long ago, we showed you a new free jailbreak tweak called TimePasscode by iOS developer Stevie Hetelekides. This tweak allowed you to unlock your iOS device using the current time as a passcode.

It seemed like a pretty good idea, as the time is just not something you would expect someone to attempt as your passcode. Generally, people are going to try more personal information unique to the person, like birthdays, anniversaries, PIN numbers, and more. The tweak also allowed for inputting the time backwards as a security measure, just in case you were afraid someone would input the time.

If you think the time as a passcode is a pretty neat idea, but you want to have a little additional security, then the developer has just released TimePasscode Pro, which includes even more security for the user through the use of passcode customization.

For the most part, the tweak works exactly like the free alternative, but in the tweak's preferences pane, which is added to the Settings application, you will find even more options available to you:

You'll find the same enable/disable, allow/disallow true passcode, and enter time backwards options that you'll find in the free version of the tweak, but with the pro version, you'll find even more options, such as the ability to enable or disable showing the time on the Lock Screen, and setting a time offset for your passcode.

The time offset feature is mainly for those out there that doubt this tweak because they don't want someone to unlock their device by using the time. With this feature, you can choose a minute offset, such as 4, and if the time is 1:30, you would enter 0134 as the passcode instead of 0130. You can choose either a positive or negative offset, so that the time would be either 0134 or 0126. Notably, no one that gets to your Lock Screen has any way of telling what offset you've chosen, so this option pretty much squashes any kind of concern for security regarding this tweak.

If you want to give TimePasscode Pro a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99. If you're skeptical about how this tweak works, you can still give the free TimePasscode a try. The tweak requires iOS 7 to be installed.

Name: TimePasscode Pro
    Price: 99
    Version: 0.0.1-5
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.5
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Stevie Hetelekides
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This is cool

Thanks

recommended tweak!

Thanks

I love this. like a simple rsa token

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wish when I slide to unlock and when it is asking me for my pass code it would say the time in the status bar.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cswee7311 View Post
    I wish when I slide to unlock and when it is asking me for my pass code it would say the time in the status bar.
    Then download this tweak and turn the setting on. Voila!