Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n7 Version 1.0.5 Released With Official Support for Recently-released iOS 7.0.5

Default Evasi0n7 Version 1.0.5 Released With Official Support for Recently-released iOS 7.0.5

On Wednesday, the popular evasi0n7 jailbreak tool for iOS 7 was updated to version 1.0.5, adding official support for the recently-released iOS 7.0.5 firmware, which corrected network provisioning for some iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c devices.

It was originally pointed out by i0n1c that evasi0n7 version 1.0.4 could still jailbreak an iOS 7.0.5 device with a little iOS build number editing, but with version 1.0.5, evasi0n7 supports iOS 7.0.5 out of the box officially without needing any work on the user's end.

So now, evasi0n7 can jailbreak the following iOS firmwares:

• iOS 7.0
    • iOS 7.0.1
    • iOS 7.0.2
    • iOS 7.0.3
    • iOS 7.0.4
    • iOS 7.0.5
    • iOS 7.1 beta 1
    • iOS 7.1 beta 2
    • iOS 7.1 beta 3

The fourth beta of iOS 7.1 kills the evasi0n7 jailbreak, and the fifth beta of iOS 7.1, which was seeded to developers only yesterday, kills even more exploits used by evasi0n7. With that being said, jailbreakers should stay far away from iOS 7.1 until an updated jailbreak tool can be completed.

If you absolutely want to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 7.0.5, it's now safe to do so, but if you're happily jailbroken on an earlier firmware already, there's really no reason to go out of your way. IF you do decide to upgrade, you should perform a clean DFU restore to iOS 7.0.5 after backing up all of your data to ensure the most hassle-free upgrade.

The download links for the latest version of evasi0n7 (1.0.5) can be found below:

Sources: evasi0n7 via pod2g

I have a question... If I save my SHSH of iOS7.0.4, and later update to 7.1 for whatever reason, can I downgrade back to 7.0.4 (after Apple stopped signing 7.0.4) using my SHSH and TinyUmbrella?

Quote Originally Posted by blueaviator View Post
    I have a question... If I save my SHSH of iOS7.0.4, and later update to 7.1 for whatever reason, can I downgrade back to 7.0.4 (after Apple stopped signing 7.0.4) using my SHSH and TinyUmbrella?
    Downgrading is no longer an option. I believe it's been like that since iOS 6 came out.

Quote Originally Posted by blueaviator View Post
    Nope... those SHSH days are long gone... ever since iOS 6 released. If you have 5.1.1 blobs... you would be able to go to that... iOS 6 & 7 not supported unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by jigar7 View Post
    Nope... those SHSH days are long gone... ever since iOS 6 released. If you have 5.1.1 blobs... you would be able to go to that... iOS 6 & 7 not supported unfortunately.

So hypathetically if your phone crashed and you needed to RESTORE... would it restore what you HAD? or would itunes force you to upgrade to the latest?

and if it did force you to upgrade, or you had to, since there are no blob saving anymore, thats it huh?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewe13 View Post
    So hypathetically if your phone crashed and you needed to RESTORE... would it restore what you HAD? or would itunes force you to upgrade to the latest?

and if it did force you to upgrade, or you had to, since there are no blob saving anymore, thats it huh?
    Pretty much game over once apple stops signing any ios7 firmware. You'd have to restore to the latest firmware which will be 7.1 very soon.

you can only restore to an ios that Apple is signing since ios 6

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

A restore will force the latest update to the phone. If Apple is still signing the previous version (that window closes fast), you could option to restore to that.

Well, as scary as all this can look, it has to be looked at from a realistic perspective. Perhaps it's just a matter of luck, but I've been jailbreaking iPhones and iPads since the very 1st iPhone, I installed quite a few tweaks (one has to be aware on what's he's installing of course) and I never, EVER was forced to restore one of them, not even a single time (apart from when updating iOS, of course). It only happened once that I got one device stuck in a boot loop, and all I had to do was to reboot it into Safe Mode, uninstall Substrate (which as expected forced most tweaks to uninstall as well), reboot and reinstall everything. Chances not being able to do anything but restore are not as high as many seem to believe IMHO.
    Last edited by Fafner; 02-05-2014 at 01:18 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm telling even if apple keeps coming with updates to block or patch it they will just keep coming out with new jailbreaks

how wuld we go about updating to 7.0.5 also this means we will lose all our tweaks and what not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes you will when you update to 7.0.5 you will have to jailbreak your phone again and then download everything all over again

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

doesn't signing APTickets along with SHSH blobs help with downgrading? I've always been able to do that

not my work- but a definite help for those who need it
    MAIL SAFARI WEATHER CRASHING
    Published on Jan 4, 2014
    NOTE: Please follow the steps very carefully, If only some of your icons showed up in the first reboot. Reboot again, everything should be fine from then on.

I've always had great luck with this in the past; however this time, after I had completed the final step, I was unable to open Calculator, Mail, Safari & Weather.

Some of these I just can't live without since it's my work phone. If you find yourself in this predicament after the new Evasi0n7 jailbreak have no fear, there is an easy fix.

Follow the steps below and these apps will be back up and running in no time!

1. Open Cydia and navigate to the "Manage" section, then the "Packages" section.
    2. Uninstall *******, then respring your device
    3. Install iFile (if you haven't already)
    4. Open iFile and navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Caches (or User/Library/Caches as they are the same, just a shortcut)
    5. Delete the following 2 files from this folder a) "com.apple.LaunchServices-054.csstore" (your numbers may be different, I'm not sure, but just find the similarly named file. There's only 1 like it) b) "com.apple.mobile.installation.plist"
    6. Close iFile and reboot your iPhone (Don't freak out, if you did this right your AppStore installed app icons will be gone but reappear almost immediately)
    7. Make sure that your previously-crashing apps now open properly (which they now should).
    8. Open Cydia and re-install ******* for iOS7
    9. You are now finished. All apps should open and ******* will be fully functional.

NOTE: Due to the compatibility issues with iOS7/Evasi0n7 & Mobile Substrate, if you had any tweaks installed you will have to also re-install Mobile Substrate & respring to get those working again after you reboot your device or install any tweaks in Cydia (this has nothing to do with *******, it is Mobile Substrate & it will be updated so you won't need to do this part in the very near future; but for now this is the workaround).

7.0.5 offers nothing more than Jailbroken 7.0.4 users (living in the U.S.) already have with 7.0.4.

If someone has not yet jailbroken on 7.0.4 then 7.0.5 is fine to install and then jailbreak.

Is Apple currently still signing 7.0.4 installs? If so then 7.0.4 equals 7.0.5 for U.S. users who wish to install and jailbreak.
    Last edited by zeppy; 02-06-2014 at 12:03 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

7.0.5 has yet to appear in iTunes for me...

Should I rejailbreak with this as I was using the modified version of evasi0n for 7.0.5? Or is they nothing different