Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Popular Forecast Jailbreak Tweak Updated With Support for iOS 7

Default Popular Forecast Jailbreak Tweak Updated With Support for iOS 7

The highly popular Forecast jailbreak tweak by iOS developer David Ashman has been updated with full support for iOS 7. Forecast, in case you've never heard of it before, brings handy weather information to your Lock Screen so you can always keep on eye on what it's like outside.

The new iOS 7 version of Forecast, which is now available in Cydia's ModMyi repository, appears to take design cues from the new Weather application in iOS 7, as you can see in the screenshot examples above. This is because iOS 7 completely did away with the Notification Center weather widget, and the tweak needed an entirely new direction.

With Forecast installed on your iOS 7 device, the Lock Screen's wallpaper changes to show the same live weather conditions that you would see in the Weather application. The tweak also changes your Home Screen wallpaper to show the live weather conditions that you would normally see in the Weather application. Having the animated wallpaper, for either the Home Screen or the Lock Screen, is optional, by the way.

When on the Lock Screen, you normally swipe to the right to unlock your iOS device, but if you swipe to the left, you'll get to see the weather forecast page, which shows the weather for the week, as well as the hourly weather forecast, and the high and low for the day that you would normally only see in the Weather application.

Forecast also adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can adjust the tweak's options to your liking:

You can choose for the current weather (your current location) to be displayed, or for the first manually-set weather location in the Weather application to show instead. If the tweak puts a light background on the Lock Screen, which would normally make the white clock text hard to see, you can also enable an option that darkens the text so that it's easier to read on light animated weather backgrounds.

You can even enable or disable the forecast page (the page you swipe left to get to) on demand. You can also enable darkening for this page if you have a light wallpaper applied, for ease of visibility.

Finally, you can configure the animated wallpaper. You can enable or disable it for the Lock Screen or Home Screen individually, or you can enable or disable the animations altogether. You will have to respring after making a change here.

Forecast for iOS 7 is a free upgrade for anyone that uses any of the older versions of Forecast, but if you don't own it already, you can grab it from Cydia's ModMyi repository right now for just 99. It's a really nice enhancement to the iOS 7 experience, and we could recommend this tweak to anyone. It's gorgeous, responsive, and useful!

Name: Forecast
    Price: 99
    Version: 3.0.1-11
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: David Ashman
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

IrobertI (02-14-2014), rain111 (02-08-2014)

Immediate safe mode on 5S.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Really like it. Liked the old version too. A very pleasant surprise that it was a free upgrade rather than a new paid package.

Works fine on my i5.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Aenima133 (02-04-2014), lalit1 (05-14-2014), sclntrk (02-05-2014)

Don't see it in the list. Refreshed multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    It's great on my 5S. Maybe it's conflicting with another tweak you have installed?

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    It's an update to the actual tweak.

It's great on my 5S. Maybe it's conflicting with another tweak you have installed?

Works well on my 5s. FYI, the first "Show Current Weather" is a kill switch for the conditions on the lock screen. It looks like Forecast always shows your current location's weather.

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

Worked perfect on my 5S. Should default to no wallpaper, but easily changed. Looks cool.

I'm having the same problem and I don't have any lock screen tweaks besides control center tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Search for "Forecast" and then download and install it.

It's not a separate package from the original Forecast.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,188 Times in 6,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boozie View Post
    Same here, works beautifully. Has to be a conflict.

Hope LockInfo's rollout is smoother than Forecast7.

Do you have subtle lock?

Quote Originally Posted by twahl3583 View Post
    Do you have subtle lock?
    No, but i do have LockHTML3, that may be the conflict.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Working well for me on iPhone4 and in combination with SubtleLock7 and Calendar for Lockscreen.

I found best compatibility to be Slider, and Hide Slider both set to off in SubtleLock's settings, because the slider & the current weather sit too close to each other otherwise.

This setting also ensures notifications don't cause a glitch at the bottom on the screen

I've been waiting and checking for this update for weeks then finally found forecasted for Groovy lock as a suitable alternative which I was happy with. Then thus update comes along and now I can't decide which I like better!!!!

Anyone know if compatible with SubtleLock iOS 7? Thx.

Thanks

Wallpaper always shows it's raining for me. It's not raining outside.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Wallpaper always shows it's raining for me. It's not raining outside.
    Immediately after I installed the app, it showed raining too. After I changed a few things in setting, I resprung and it showed the proper weather here.....damn snow.
    FYI works great on my 4S.
    Last edited by yearoftherat; 02-04-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast